General Chat

Stevo985

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

I just saw something a bit strange,

Just before the sun came up completely, I looked up into the sky and saw a lone pink footed goose flying out to sea. Now there's never just one of them, never and he was flying out to sea, they fly inland in the daytime

Five minutes later, the sun is up and the usual squadrons of geese are all airborne and flying inland

Just made me wonder if the first one was the head waker up of all the geese or what was it up to

Flight of shame.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, hogso said:

Reminds me of the bit in a Herzog doc, where a penguin will occasionally just go in the wrong direction, for no apparent reason, almost certainly spelling their own doom. 

Clearly just looking for some gravy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So apparently the 'Lighting Director' of the Rust movie is suing Alec Baldwin and crew members of the due to severe emotional distress.

Tell him to get ****ed. I can understand the studio being sued, but to pick on cast members for this is ridiculous.

This story wound me up and reminded me of that phrase "...only in America !"

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

In what respect? Food, Museums? Pubs? Where in Liverpool are you staying?

Staying near Penny Lane. Thought I'd make the request ambiguous, just to annoy you. God knows really. I'm going to meet family at Bouchon on Wednesday, but other than that, we'll see... If I'm out and about and have specific requests I'll be in touch. Will expect an immediate response, mind. 

• Haha 1

I walked in to a pub in central Liverpool. They had something on tap called Guinness Red. This was the conversation:

Me: Guinness Red? What’s that then mate?

Barkeep: It’s Guinness and its red. Do you want one or not?

Me: Thanks, I’ll have a normal Guinness.

Barkeep: **** sake.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

lower tax version of Guiness for farmers

yep but from memory it was kind of marketed for the guiness and black crowd, softer and easier to drink, i had a few in my time

liverpool is the only place in the uk ive been turned away from at a bar due to "locals only" its a good night out though

Just now, villa4europe said:

yep but from memory it was kind of marketed for the guiness and black crowd, softer and easier to drink, i had a few in my time

liverpool is the only place in the uk ive been turned away from at a bar due to "locals only" its a good night out though

I got turned away from a bar in Glasgow for the same reason.

In fairness, the outside was a roller shutter, painted with a skull and crossbones and the letters I, R, and A.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

in my teens me and some mates went up to Bradford as my mate had met a call from up there and he was going to meet her ..we tagged along for a weekend on the beer , and in case she had any fit mates 

we rocked into this pub with a sign saying  "open all day pub" in our shorts and loud t-shirts ( think 1988 fashion) to be greeted by "Eh up , its the **** beach boys"   ... when we ordered drinks we were informed the pub was shut .

that evening , we ended up in some form of working mans pub , I ordered a lager and nearly got lynched for my choice of drink  .. my soppy mates decided to be sophisticated and asked for a bottle of wine  , it was like one of those movies where the whole bar goes silent and then I heard from the end of the bar " **** bum boys"  and I half expected us to be attacked by a gang with burning pitchforks   ...

tbf it settled down a bit later once we got talking to some locals  about Bradford Northern  , I used to watch them play quite a bit back then as I had a few mates into rugby league who supported them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Normally I’d have either critiqued the influx of plastic poppies fastened on every single lamppost along every single street by me, or maybe liked a post by someone on here bemoaning something similar.

And while there are still some poppies from last year still up on a couple of lampposts, this year they seem to have change tack and put a poppy reef on the post boxes around the village. 

I think it looks far less gaudy and dare I say has a bit more of a quiet reverence.

Better.

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Normally I’d have either critiqued the influx of plastic poppies fastened on every single lamppost along every single street by me, or maybe liked a post by someone on here bemoaning something similar.

And while there are still some poppies from last year still up on a couple of lampposts, this year they seem to have change tack and put a poppy reef on the post boxes around the village. 

I think it looks far less gaudy and dare I say has a bit more of a quiet reverence.

Better.

I'm very sick of seing this bollocks on the buses

5dc42c2aee9c8.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm very sick of seing this bollocks on the buses

5dc42c2aee9c8.jpg

An ADL E400 MMC. 

How can you not like that? The Jaguar of double deck service buses. 

• Haha 2

Â