General Chat

Stevo985

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Please use your Readly account more wisely

Sad thing is, its not down to Readly. I work with a number of bus operators in the UK in my job... as a result I have gleaned some knowledge. Not just buses and coaches... i was studying refuse wagons today.

Who says financial services is boring! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This entire post reads like a scene from the Inbetweeners.

Probably mentioned it before but one of the writers of inbetweeners went to my school and lived in our road … don’t think one of the characters is based on me though :) didn’t really know him that well and he then moved onto a posh school , presumably where the Will character comes from !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not sure where to post this but as a lot of you have the potential to use the trams, it's of some value. 

The trams have been an absolute disaster for Birmingham so far

They've only just finished laying some replacement tracks after the old ones had lasted just 5 years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

The trams have been an absolute disaster for Birmingham so far

They've only just finished laying some replacement tracks after the old ones had lasted just 5 years. 

I was just wondering if these tracks are something to do with those faulty trams.  The turn from Corporation Street into Stephenson Street behind The Apple Store was a real problem, probably the reason they've relaid the tracks.  The Trams would squeak and squeal around that corner, I wonder if they've been exposed to stresses and strains beyond their design capabilities. 

Edited by sidcow

8 hours ago, bickster said:

The missus has just handed me the shopping list, I have read it to try and understand what it means, This is normal for a Saturday

She has written... Frozen Ice :rolleyes:

Please tell me you filled a bag with water and said they only had the other kind 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2021 at 12:02, sidcow said:

I was just wondering if these tracks are something to do with those faulty trams.  The turn from Corporation Street into Stephenson Street behind The Apple Store was a real problem, probably the reason they've relaid the tracks.  The Trams would squeak and squeal around that corner, I wonder if they've been exposed to stresses and strains beyond their design capabilities. 

Bloody hell. It's a tram not a hypersonic train - going round a few corners shouldn't place any real stress on it. Are they made of cardboard and sticky back plastic?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Bloody hell. It's a tram not a hypersonic train - going round a few corners shouldn't place any real stress on it. Are they made of cardboard and sticky back plastic?

Made over four weeks by Valerie Singletrack

• Like 2

Â