General Chat

Stevo985

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mere Green?

I was there at about 2pm yesterday and it was horrendous.

To be fair, it wasn't just the amount of people, but the staff had left loads of those trolleys they carry around the stuff for stacking shelves with all over the place.

I hate supermarkets at the best of times. But that was horrible.

Yep, Mere Green

It was my own fault for going there at 4pm on the last weekday before Xmas. I only went there as I needed the cashpoint and a bite to eat.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone I used to work with just put on Facebook that he's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas now before the internet gets busy later... 

Yikes I nearly forgot thanks for the heads up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Is there anywhere in Brum that sells Birmingham related trinkets for tourists?

Postcards and keyrings etc..

There's a shop by the icc / library that sells postcards, don't think I've ever seen what I'd call a tourist tat shop* in brum

going away from the original question, I love a good tat shop when I'm on holiday! 

Walking back from the pub earlier with my dad and brother in law when my dad stopped us in the middle of the road to point out what a terrible job the neighbour had done on his conservatory. He'd moved on to slagging off his guttering when we noticed the neighbour's head was sticking over the fence a few feet away from us.

He was putting Christmas lights up, probably making a terrible job of it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Putting Xmas lights up on Christmas Eve? Lazy bugger!

If I'm being honest, I'm not really sure what he was doing as I ran off as soon as I saw him. I can't think of anything else he'd have been doing to his fence at this time of year though, I haven't been in my garden for about 3 months.

27th December, 1831

After having been twice driven back by heavy southwestern gales (and delayed due to 'drunkenness'), Her Majesty's ship Beagle, a ten-gun brig, under the command of Captain Fitz Roy, R. N., sailed from Devonport on the 27th of December, 1831.

500px-Voyage_of_the_Beagle.jpg

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I just walked into the break room at work and a woman I've never seen before was sat in there on her own, crying.

I did what anybody else would do, I pretended I hadn't seen her and made a beeline for the kettle.

You missed your chance there lad.

• Like 1

Â