General Chat

Stevo985

Driving today and I was behind this car that kept going over to the wrong side of the road , pulled out on people on roundabouts and generally a danger on the road....

it it was being driven by a very old lady my inclination is that she is almost blind .... I've got the registration number and I'm wondering if I should notify the police so they can at least check her out and her suitability to drive ... What's the view on super grasses on this forum ?

Driving today and I was behind this car that kept going over to the wrong side of the road , pulled out on people on roundabouts and generally a danger on the road....

it it was being driven by a very old lady my inclination is that she is almost blind .... I've got the registration number and I'm wondering if I should notify the police so they can at least check her out and her suitability to drive ... What's the view on super grasses on this forum ?

She's endangering people's lives. Report her.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I have personal experience of trying to persuade an elderly woman to give up her car, and I can tell you it isn't easy. A car is independence, freedom, the possibility of going somewhere without other people. But she was absolutely a danger to other road users. She could barely see over the steering wheel, and has arthritis in her hands that means she can't move several of her fingers. 

You should report the woman. Probably she's in utter denial about her driving. But her decision, while understandable, is still incredibly selfish and dangerous. You have to think that by reporting her you may well be saving a life. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Report her. Doesn't matter if she's old, she's potentially endangering other peoples' lives and her independence isn't worth that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

It is weekends like this when I wish I had a house with a garden rather than an apartment.

I have a ground floor apartment which opens out on to the lawn at the back. You'd think it a good half-way house but trying to have an afternoon nap yesterday with a bunch of people having a bbq outside my living room window meant I had to have all the windows shut and that wasn't enough to drown out the screams and shouts of their kids who were running round like little bandits. I was proper p'd off.

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Stop moaning about kids playing outside in the sunshine because you wanted to have a nap :lol:

There's a massive effing park literally the other side of the fence. Sunday afternoons are for falling asleep in front of the football. That's an inalienable human right and they deprived me of it.

[/Humbug]

• Like 1

On 5/7/2016 at 21:52, tonyh29 said:

Tone, you could be saving someones life, I would if I was you

• Like 1

Â