General Chat

Stevo985

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Any conspiracy which requires more than three people to keep a secret is doomed to failure.

Also, Occam's Razor applies. 

Having met  Rob , I don't think he's familiar with any razor

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Every single 9/11 conspiracy has been debunked to ****. There is basically nothing, at all, about any 9/11 conspiracy theory that holds any water once looked at with any depth.

The building falling like a demolition? As Tony says the structure was weakened internally by the immense heat of the fires caused by the crash. The towers design was such that it's strength was as internal steel web that relied particularly on a small number of steel beams, which in the heat effectively buckled, the steel having lost it's rigidity, the weight of the floors above forcing it down. The floors collapsing acted like a syringe that forced air out of the windows, which looked like small explosions immediately ahead of the falling floors. The buildings also, contrary to the conspiracies, didn't fall straight down. They lent backwards as they fell, unfortunately most of the footage was shot from an angle were it's difficult to see this.

And so on... Honestly the whole truther thing is nonsense.

I personally wouldn't be as hard on the conspiracy crowd. Many of them are ignorant folks being led astray by more "intelligent" individuals.

However, the 911 commission also refused (I forget exactly how/who set the terms of reference) to fully investigate things, e.g., Bush got a pass and there are those famous 29 pages in the super secret room allegedly regarding Saudi financial involvement. There are other issues. The official simulations of the building collapse don't actually collapse the building, but merely get near to the point where it "should" collapse. Now absent expertise in the non-trivial nuances involved in such work, it is very easy for a non-expert to ask questions, and then a lot depends on who answers them. Basically, there was a very shoddy investigation carried out leaving ample room for very reasonable questions to be asked given the loss of life and infrastructure... and resultant consequences. I personally think it is very unfortunate that all of those who are asking questions are dismissed as conspiracy idiots. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The real question on 911 is how the right reaction to a Saudi terrorist organising an attack perpetrated by a group of Saudi's in line with a Saudi ideology is to bomb the enemies of Saudi Arabia into the stone age for money.

Bingo. 

The 2 promotion routes at work are customer service based or technical based.

Decided on technical so sitting through a million courses on Exchange, Active Directory, Network centre in Windows 7 zzzzzz

Anybody else in technical IT with regards to Windows 7? Any pointers?

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok enough about 9/11 then

two weeks until valentines day yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. anyone else hate this pointless day as much as me?

That means only one month and two weeks away from Steak and BJ Day! Or as I like to call it, Pot Noodle and PBW (Pokey-Bum Rocket Polish) day. 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok enough about 9/11 then

two weeks until valentines day yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee. anyone else hate this pointless day as much as me?

Yep, I have a missus but will be away watching football in Germany.  I've managed to sell the view point that I won't be told when to show my love for the profit of Clinton Cards.

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, I have a missus but will be away watching football in Germany.  I've managed to sell the view point that I won't be told when to show my love for the profit of Clinton Cards.

haha you lucky sod. tried that one didnt work, she wants flowers blue ones to be precise FFS

Off to a gig tonight in Birmingham on the train, havent been into New Street in a few years. Hill Street entrance appears to be the closest entrance/exit to the Glee/arcadian, anyone used this entrance, its not going to put me into john lewis or something is it?

Â