Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

A 42 page thread on Spurs??

:shock:

I am new to this forum but bloody hell, one of the most over rated teams of the PL ever.

There is a 100+ page on everton below and newcastle had 2 100+ threads if I'm not mistaking. And needless to say, small heath have had one of two massive hate threads to their name.

We love other teams, yes we do. 8)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am new to this forum but bloody hell, one of the most over rated teams of the PL ever.

Well it is the "other football" forum..

The reason why you won't find a Villa thread on a Spurs forum is because they only talk about themselves. Some people have a wider interest in football.

We also have over 90 pages on Everton. So what?

If anything it shows Villa fans are a little bit more open minded than some others maybe.

If you don't want to read about other teams then I would suggest the 'other football' part of the forum may not be the place for you. :lol:

I don't see what is odd about having threads about Everton or Spurs considering they are the two clubs on the same level as us.

I also don't think its surprising there are threads about the circus that is Newcastle or that there is one about Small Heath.

Tbf most of it all is laughing at how bad Spurzzzzzz are lol.

They ain't that bad, just a close rival to us, although reading the press you would not think we were anywhere near them and thats the problem I have with Spurs, 'Fur Coat and no knickers' springs to mind or perhaps 'Feather coat and no knickers'

Most football fans are delusional and unrealistic when it comes their own clubs. Spurs seem to have lots of these 'type of fans' working in the media, which works against them when it comes to other teams fans.

Either way they have a decent team, with plenty of English talent, a principle which I for one quite like. UTV

Glastons done his disapearing act i guess coinciding with Spurs loosing to Man United reserves.

Yep,

However he got his even more deluded little brother to keep the post count up and he's just as much a stranger to reality as Glaston, erm well any Spurs fan really

Glastons done his disapearing act i guess coinciding with Spurs loosing to Man United reserves.

Yep,

However he got his even more deluded little brother to keep the post count up and he's just as much a stranger to reality as Glaston, erm well any Spurs fan really

Haha, did he really? :lol:

And yeah he's good at disapearing when they lose isn't he.

I never expected to be shot down like this.

I was just surprised , and having read through it, seems it is mostly full of crap.

I'll go back to just reading then. :shock:

Don't worry, not getting shot down.

We have alot of regular posters on this forum so sometimes a thread will become very long even if the subject itself isn't that interesting.

So long as there's something to talk about, we'll talk about it :P

A thread on, say, Bolton or West Ham, wouldn't get much beyond a few pages.. they don't do much in the transfer market, they don't batter teams, they aren't really a threat to us and they aren't a laughing stock. Spurs have been all 4 at various points over the last year or so.

It's not that we're obsessed, it's just they've given plenty to talk about.

For that reason the Newcastle thread went to 200+ pages... but now they're just ticking along in the Championship and staying out of the news we haven't see that thread for several months.

Yet another poster who prefers to try and make personal attacks rather than discuss football ... ho hum.

On the subject of the game and League Cup this year: Spurs played tamely and deserved to lose because the players seemed to treat the game as a training session, with no real commitment, effort or passion.

Spurs played with only 5 (or arguably 6) of their strongest XI, with an average team age that was lower than United's. However, given the tame performance delivered, Harry would have done better to field more of the younger players. At least they would likely to have busted a gut to impress.

However, progress in any cup competition is often highly dependent on the luck of the draw: playing at Old Trafford is a rather different proposition than playing away at Pompey. Still, congratulations to Villa - you should now have a good chance of reaching the final, having been drawn against easily the weakest of the remaining teams.

ha ha that post reads like it hurt to type Glaston.

I love the way you congratulate but then feel the need to temper it with excuses why Spurs went out and a little dig that we had an easier draw.

You can cut that one anyway you like, you could say going to Old Trafford to play a much weakened side was hard but you could also say playing a club away with a manager in charge of his first game is tough as well. At the end of the day both Spurs and Villa have come up against 2 premier league clubs this season. You had one at home which you won and one away, we've had two away and won both.

Now now Trent,

Stop confusing the issue with actual real life facts, obviously "The Great Harry" underestimated the challenge (not a mistake just a lapse in judgement, He's omnipotent you know and therefore infallible) and overestimated his players ability and drive.

Gave me a good laugh anyway

[

Spurs played with only 5 (or arguably 6) of their strongest XI, with an average team age that was lower than United's.

P.S

So what? How many of United's first team started last night? Vidic & Berbatov are the only two really, don't try and say Park and Anderson are regulars. So regardless of if your average age was lower (I'm not going to check that) I fail to see what your point is?

Your weakened first team lost to their reserve side.

Yet another poster who prefers to try and make personal attacks rather than discuss football ... ho hum.

On the subject of the game and League Cup this year: Spurs played tamely and deserved to lose because the players seemed to treat the game as a training session, with no real commitment, effort or passion.

Spurs played with only 5 (or arguably 6) of their strongest XI, with an average team age that was lower than United's. However, given the tame performance delivered, Harry would have done better to field more of the younger players. At least they would likely to have busted a gut to impress.

However, progress in any cup competition is often highly dependent on the luck of the draw: playing at Old Trafford is a rather different proposition than playing away at Pompey. Still, congratulations to Villa - you should now have a good chance of reaching the final, having been drawn against easily the weakest of the remaining teams.

Christ, normally you're in hiding until at least April when Spurs are over their Xmas slump?

Whats brought you out early this year?

Actually Glaston, I make it 7 first-team regulars who played for Spurzzz on Tuesday.

Lennon

Keane

Defoe

Gomes

Bassong

Dawson

Palacios

...and you still got beat by a United team that only fielded 2 first-team regulars - how embarrassing!

P.S. The super exclusive, secret COYS forum where you have to PERSONALLY know another member won't let me in :( I guess I'm just not cut out to be ITK.

Â