Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

... the COYS board is pretty dead, gets about a 1/3 of the traffic Villa talk gets ...

Pretty dead eh? As of just now ....

VT: Our users have posted a total of 507,917 articles

COYS: Our members have made a total of 2,669,062 posts

Whatever Trevor, cant believe you are on here so early after your shite team were humiliated by Manure reserves x x

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever googled "GlastonSpur". I'd recommend it.

Maybe someone should add his name into urbandictionary, surely it needs a definition - synonymous with being deluded or plain weird (like the results suggest).

... Or just hack it with some simple form posting techniques - bypass all the validation.

That won't work. Any applicant has to be personally vouched for by an existing member and the vouching process does not use form-posting.

The real question is: why would someone be so desperate to join a forum that clearly doesn't want them and clearly has a policy against them joining?

I'd like to ask: why would someone be so desperate to post in multiple forums of other clubs when it's clear they all don't want him around and have been laughing at how ridiculous he is?

... the COYS board is pretty dead, gets about a 1/3 of the traffic Villa talk gets ...

FAIL

507, 917 ARTICLES Not posts.

That means basically 5 posts per article would mean more than COYS.

Then you think of the Speculation thread reaching 650 pages and what not and you think, oh dear Glaston.

I thought it was embarrassing enough how he changed the tune of his argument from first choice players to first team squads and ended up weakening his own point even further.

But this one is purely, blatantly :crylaugh:

I have told you what the web traffic (independent figures) are into the site, you are posting the figure for posts, which can be artificially inflated by editing the database figure or posting like a madman, or woman.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/villatalk.com

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/coys.sportsmaestros.com

Not that any of this matters, surely its common sense that a site closed to all (but the chosen few) will be less popular than one that's open to all, that's the nature of the web.

Bit bored of all this point scoring TBH, the score was 1-1 on Saturday and that's all that counts for a few months, at least in my book. C ya and UTV.

:wave:

Villa also have a secret forum, so secret that it cannot be mentioned in name, you either know where to look or you don't............ :suspect:

I have heard tales of this forum. Is it one where you have to be friendly with the right people in order to get an invite?

(in which case, there go my chances of ever being invited, since I'm not a friendly guy at all)

FAIL

507, 917 ARTICLES Not posts.

That means basically 5 posts per article would mean more than COYS.

Then you think of the Speculation thread reaching 650 pages and what not and you think, oh dear Glaston.

The article count on the front page of VT is the number of posts currently in the database.

However, nearly every forum on this site prunes after 270 or so days(IIRC), meaning that most threads that don't get a reply within 270 days are deleted from the DB. The post-counts for users aren't affected by the pruning (which is why if you add up the post counts of the top 20 or so users, you get more than the total number of posts in the DB).

Since this iteration of the forum has been around since December '03, it would stand to reason that a sixth or so of the posts that VT has ever seen (six rather than eight as the factor since the megathreads in the HoF aren't pruned) are currently in the DB, so VT has had about 3 million posts.

What's COYS pruning policy.

A quick google search has revealed this GlastonSpur gem

Clicky

The best part is the 'Milner does not have more experience than Lennon (who plays for the England senior team by the way, whilst Milner does not) and Lennon is better. Most managers would take Lennon over Milner anyday.'

:nod: :lol:

The funny thing about COYS is that outsiders can't even view their super secret special awesome, top secret fanclub, secret society forum. Must be some important stuff going on there.

Probably felching

Villa also have a secret forum, so secret that it cannot be mentioned in name, you either know where to look or you don't............ :suspect:

I have heard tales of this forum. Is it one where you have to be friendly with the right people in order to get an invite?

(in which case, there go my chances of ever being invited, since I'm not a friendly guy at all)

Aston Villa mailing list.

Just got a sheep shagger on there trying to wind people up, nothing special.

So you don't want us on your forum but think it's ok to come on ours? You'll have to run that one by me again.

Try improving your readings skiills: I haven't said I don't want any Villa fans on my forum.

Instead I said that the policy of the forum is to restrict it to Spurs fans. I don't make the policy.

There are other Spurs forums that do allow on other fans. Seek them out if you wish.

A quick google search has revealed this GlastonSpur gem

Clicky

The best part is the 'Milner does not have more experience than Lennon (who plays for the England senior team by the way, whilst Milner does not) and Lennon is better. Most managers would take Lennon over Milner anyday.'

I'm not sure why this surprises you. Lennon is the best winger in the Prem, bar none.

Â