Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I like how Glaston tries to claim Park and Anderson are regulars, yet when somebody mentioned Dawson and Bassong as regulars, he shot the idea down because King and Woodgate are first choice players. Oh, yeah, it's not like Dawson and Bassong can walk into their side, unlike Park and Anderson. :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Glaston tries to claim Park and Anderson are regulars, yet when somebody mentioned Dawson and Bassong as regulars, he shot the idea down because King and Woodgate are first choice players. Oh, yeah, it's not like Dawson and Bassong can walk into their side, unlike Park and Anderson. :lol:

Yes I did notice that particular line of twaddle :lol:

... That doesn't fly very far with me as far as I'm concerned, Glassy.

Why can't it just be a normal/standard forum like every forum on teh interwebz? You register, you get an E-Mail to validate, you post and make e-friends. What is COYS, Stormfront behind closed doors?

Why can't it be a normal/standard forum?

The answer is that it can be, it just choses not to be and it's not unique in this respect.

But the real, super secret, super exclusive answer is that x!!@@@55555 because $+^^^@@zxxx is planning to 44|||@!!xxxx .... [Message truncates]

[Message auto-edited by Internet-Screening Bot v. 4.31 to exclude classified information.]

Should be fun seeing Crouch up against our CB pairing of Neill and Hibbert come Sunday... :(

Spurs could of at least had the decency to go and win the bloody thing after knockin us (EFC) out!! :lol:

You're still beating around the bush, Glaston. Why does it need to be so exclusive? What's the big secret? Why can't you 'vouch' for me? What about if you're a 'genuine' Spud but don't know a member? I imagine the memberlist is very short ....

Look, the obvious reason why some forums wish to try and remain exclusive to their own fans is to avoid all the hassle of dealing with posters from other clubs whose main wish may be to just cause trouble and disruption.

It's also the case that some forums already have a lot of members - the one in question here has nearly 11,000 - and may already need to temporarily exclude some of their own members (e.g. those with low post counts) at times of peak interest (e.g. transfer windows) in order to avoid strain on the server(s).

I won't vouch for you because I chose to abide by the policy of the forum in question, namely that only genuine Spurs fans should be admitted, and even then only if, in the view of the vouchee, the fan in question would be a good addition to the forum. It's nothing personal.

You're still beating around the bush, Glaston. Why does it need to be so exclusive? What's the big secret? Why can't you 'vouch' for me? What about if you're a 'genuine' Spud but don't know a member? I imagine the memberlist is very short ....

Look, the obvious reason why some forums wish to try and remain exclusive to their own fans is to avoid all the hassle of dealing with posters from other clubs whose main wish may be to just cause trouble and disruption.

It's also the case that some forums already have a lot of members - the one in question here has nearly 11,000 - and may already need to temporarily exclude some of their own members (e.g. those with low post counts) at times of peak interest (e.g. transfer windows) in order to avoid strain on the server(s).

I won't vouch for you because I chose to abide by the policy of the forum in question, namely that only genuine Spurs fans should be admitted, and even then only if, in the view of the vouchee, the fan in question would be a good addition to the forum. It's nothing personal.

why do you spend so much time on other teams forums?

... Why the hell do a bunch of Spurs fans think they are the bilderberg group?

It's a forum that choses to only accept (or at least tries to only accept) genuine Spurs fans. There are other forums for other clubs that adopt the same policy for their fans and there are understandable (and obvious) reasons for doing so.

But there are other Spurs forums that don't have such a policy, just as VT doesn't have the same rigid policy.

Both approaches have their pros and cons.

The bottom line is that if you wish to join other (non Villa) forums then you can do so. Or if you don't, then fine.

Either way I don't see why you are critical about it all.

I haven't been I just think its laughable.

What I really want to know though is what is the average age of members of the Bilder... oh sorry COYS in comparison to the members of Villa Talk. I feel that is very important to know.

This response just made me LOL. Trent you made my day!!! :lol:

http://secunia.com/advisories/21442/

1/3 of the traffic Villa talk gets and its traffic is surprisingly dropping month on month.

id say thats because most of the older members have been banged up :)

I think its got a lot more to do with our Villa agent, Tom Hanks and his recent purge on the Illuminati.

Villa also have a secret forum, so secret that it cannot be mentioned in name, you either know where to look or you don't............ :suspect:

... the COYS board is pretty dead, gets about a 1/3 of the traffic Villa talk gets ...

Pretty dead eh? As of just now ....

VT: Our users have posted a total of 507,917 articles

COYS: Our members have made a total of 2,669,062 posts

FAIL

507, 917 ARTICLES Not posts.

That means basically 5 posts per article would mean more than COYS.

Then you think of the Speculation thread reaching 650 pages and what not and you think, oh dear Glaston.

Â