Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

IMO, King could have been one of the best and would have challenged Rio and Terry for a place in the England team IF and only IF he had not spent so much time injured.

Its a real shame for him and England/ Spurs. But the facts are he can't play more than one game a week without problems and this has cost him his place as being considered "one of the best of his generation" Sorry but thats the facts and it will mean he will never reach his full potential (like many other players)

Paul Mc Grath is in a different league to him and TBH most of the central defenders I have seen since, most players that have played with him would tell you that, funny thing is he wouldn't agree, but thats Paul Mc all over.

That's very true and exactly how most Spurs fans would see it.

Although I can't really comment on McGrath as I was only a wee kid when he was at his peak so never really had the pleasure of watching him play.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, oh deary me. If we're on the subject of comparing McGrath to Ledley 'I'm not as overrated as Woodgate, but I'm still overrated' King, than I'll also chip in saying Laursen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King.

This is what makes me dislike Spurs fans so much, why can't they ever just accept someone else is better than one of their own players?

Funny how you talk about over-rating players players but then you go and make that comparison between Laursen and King. Oh well, it takes all kinds, I suppose.

Does King have a Champions League winning medal?

Oh dear, oh deary me. If we're on the subject of comparing McGrath to Ledley 'I'm not as overrated as Woodgate, but I'm still overrated' King, than I'll also chip in saying Laursen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> King.

This is what makes me dislike Spurs fans so much, why can't they ever just accept someone else is better than one of their own players?

Funny how you talk about over-rating players players but then you go and make that comparison between Laursen and King. Oh well, it takes all kinds, I suppose.

Does King have a Champions League winning medal?

Laursen got one by default, he didn't even play in the final. What exactly does that prove? There are a lot of good/great players that don't have CL medals and there are a good sum of average players that do.

I tried to make this point a while back to my fellow Villa fans but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

I am afraid we have to accept that Tottingham Hotspuds are , in fact, better than Real Madrid. Every player that has ever played for them deserved to win world footballer of the year, apart from Steve Hodge who was in fact the best player ever to walk the earth.

The reason why Tottingham have not yet won the premier league is only down to bad luck and the fact that every other team in the league is rubbish and lucky

All hail Tottingham

He still played for one of the biggest clubs in the world (even with injury problems), has King ever played for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Laursen has but he still had injury problems like King so you can't use that as an excuse.

King is a decent defender but nothing more. He is injured all the time and won't make anything now. No point in taking him to the world cup either, he won't be able to play half the time. I'm sure even someone close to King has even said that.

So your saying Laursen is average? fool

Yes, I quite clearly said Laursen is average. You can see it in my previous post. Wait. No. No, you can't.

Wow, I love the way so many of you are quick to slam Spurs fans, yet manage to prove yourselves to be idiots at the same time. With seemingly each post I read here, I lose a little bit of the respect I had for Villa fans. Always pegged you all as honest, rational, respectful and decent fans. I guess the Spurs fan was over-rating something again, eh?

Also, it's "you're".

Is this Glaston? :(

King has never played for Milan, his level is Tottingham Hotspuds... unlike Laursen who has still been injury-ridden but is still a Champions League winner and has played for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

But as Richard said, All hail Tottnumb Hotspuds. Your club is blatantly bigger than us in every way possible. I mean, you've finished above us for nearly every Premier League season, you've won more league's and league cups than us and you've even won the biggest club competition in Europe, you buy WORLD CLASS players in David Bentley, Pavyluchenko, Dos Santos and Gareth Bale... infact they are so WORLD CLASS that they don't even have to bother playing!

Is it realistic to expect to come onto a rivals forum and expect your players to be lorded over ours and meet no opposition? We have an open forum and encourage visitors and despite many opposing views, we do have reasonably decent debates. We could, of course, close the board to outside fans and be happy in our own ignorance, which suits many fans, but not all.

If you want flattering accounts of your players, you need to be on your own forums, like we all are........

PS Hope you have a great season, but not as great as ours. UTV

So your saying Laursen is average? fool

Yes, I quite clearly said Laursen is average. You can see it in my previous post. Wait. No. No, you can't.

Wow, I love the way so many of you are quick to slam Spurs fans, yet manage to prove yourselves to be idiots at the same time. With seemingly each post I read here, I lose a little bit of the respect I had for Villa fans. Always pegged you all as honest, rational, respectful and decent fans. I guess the Spurs fan was over-rating something again, eh?

Also, it's "you're".

You're going to judge all Villa fans on a few posts from random Villa fans, on the internet?

Idiots? Rationale? Pot.Kettle.Black

Thanks for the grammar lesson bud, I'm in awe of your grammatical talents, and you also took time out of your busy schedule to respond to my crude post, thank you sir.

Laursen got one by default
- Taking all credit away from Laursen's career, utterly disrespectful.

And then you go on to say -

There are a lot of good/great players that don't have CL medals and there are a good sum of average players that do.
- From my perspective, you're insinuating Laursen was an average footballer, which simply isn't the case. Why did you need to add the last comment? I presume it was a provocative parting shot, hoping to engineer an angry reaction, so you could play the victim again.

I used to respect Tottenham fans...wait a minute...I don't give a **** about them. Go and spew your acrimonious shit somewhere else.

I just have to laugh. A Spurs fan comes onto a forum, admittedly in a Spurs thread, and claims King to be the best of his generation and compares him to McGrath! I think Villa fans have a right to be annoyed or whatever.

If I try to be as fair as possible, I think it could be said that maybe as Villa fans we haven't seen all that much of King, certainly not in comparison to Spurs fans. Even with injuries, they could see him as a great defender, much like we do with Laursen. Trying to be unbiased I can see if they compared him to Laursen or whatever. Comparing him to McGrath is a bit of an outrageous claim though.

Â