Will Newcastle Come Straight Back Up?

maqroll

Will Toon Soon Return?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will Toon Soon Return?

• No
    • Yes
    • Who?

can't see it. Many of their better players will go, and they have an ageing side anyway.

They'll need to rebuild from the bottom.

For me, the faves to come up would be:

Boro, Baggies + a n other

I guess if they managed to retain a fair few of their current team then YES.

But by the looks of things, they need to sell and reduce their massive wage bill, and therefore NO.

Nope!

A manager with no experience, half a team once players have been shipped out and mountiing money worries with a chairman who doesnt really want to be there. If they manage to somehow get out of that league is a pretty god awful league if no other ide were able to get more organised and beat them

I really, really hope not, but my head says yes.

They will need a major squad overhaul for sure, but once this is done I think the attraction to play for them and the financial rewards (which I expect will still be better than anyone else in that division) will tempt many of the better championship players into moving there (assuming they are not totally screwed financially- which may be possible!). If Shearer does stay, even more of a pull for a player to join. I basically expect they will be able to cherry pick the talent in that division over the summer and build a promotion winning team.

But like I said, I really, really hope not :lol:

Of the three sides that went down they are the worst equipped to come back up. There are also teams that didnt make it up this year who are in better shape for a promotion push.

History has kinda shown that if you spend the first couple of months of the summer completely changing a squad who got relegated from the big league, you will probably struggle in the fizzy pop one.

It wouldnt surprise me if shearer buggers off back to MOTD & they get a new man in (or even kinnear back)

They are a big club (although not as big as they think) so I expect them to be up there challenging for promotion next season

obviously I voted yes

They'll finish midtable this year, with big crowds. Then the fans will get bored, they'll slowly drop drop down, go into administration in three years, be relegated to League One. Ashley will sell them for £1 to a circus who will turn St James' Park into a big top.

*crosses fingers*

No not if shearer is still in charge , I cannot believe considering how passionate he is about the club they did not go for it on the last 15mins against us knowing a goal would keep them up. If it was me I would have been up and down the touchline like a maniac urgeing the players forward ! What did he do ? sat there like a clearing in the woods !

Â