Will Newcastle Come Straight Back Up?

maqroll

Will Toon Soon Return?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will Toon Soon Return?

• No
    • Yes
    • Who?

It's difficult to judge when they probably have to do the biggest overhaul to a squad that anyone has done before. This could go very well, it could go very badly.

If i had to stick my neck out i'd say they'll come back up.

It is prehaps an ideal situation for someone like Shearer to come into. He's been destined to manage that club and will be able to sweep the board clean, take the power from Ashley (who desperately needs him for popularity) and do things his way.

The club will attract good players. Shearer will attract good players.

I think they will come back up straight. Even with their potential financial trouble, they are still the biggest fish in that pond and I would presume they will be able to attract better quality players (on a freebie) compare to the rest of the teams. But if Shearer stays for too long then may be not, 1 win in 1st 8 games as manager tells u a bit of the quality of the manager they have, he may be a messiah to the Scottish southeners, but he is clearly not a messiah.

If Shearer is there they won't.

Ashley apologises for his mistakes and then there's talk of a 4 year contract for Shearer. Idiots. Everyone of them at that club.

Instead of spunking millions on a club legend with no experience, get on your hands and knees and beg Alan Curbishley to be your manager.

I think they will struggle to get midtable. So many teams in the Championship have been there for years and years. They got the right type of attitude and squads available as well. Looking at the rubbish Newcastle got now it will be hard. They got everything they don't need in the Championship.

They have to return next year or else they will be in massive trouble. The first thing they have to do, I think most of us agree, iis to get rid of Alan Shearer and get somebody experienced and competent in to manage the team, obviously. Is it any coincidence that we've seen Newcastle and Middlesbrough go down this year, two sides managed by inexperienced managers who walked straight into the job at their former team. Having the fan support and being loved there is one thing, knowing what your doing on the other hand, is another matter altogether.

If they don't bounce back right away, then all the signs are there for a Leeds-esque collapse imo.

They'll be there or thereabouts I think. The plusses for them will be people like Damien Duff staying around and the other quality (in Championship terms) that they will likely have on the fringes of the squad that doesn't need to be sold.

The negatives will be that they have to gut their squad of most high earners and that might unsettle them and mean they wobble at the start.

I doubt they'll be automatic promotion but if they can get themselves sorted for the playoffs then I think they can do it. Afterall, any good Championship level players will jump at the chance of joining them knowing they're at least more likely than most to be back playing in the Prem in the near future.

i think they will actually struggle to stay in the championship next season its alright the likes of beye and duff saying they will stay but they havent experienced that style of football before its alot more physical and i dont think they will be up to the task, and like someone else mentioned every team will want to beat them because they are tossers

I think they will struggle to bounce back for a number of reasons not least because Ashley simply hasn't learnt the lessons of the recent bumpy past. The day he gave Keegan the job he made a rod for his own back by appointing a manager not up to the task who he couldn't sack, an appointment made out of sentiment and on past reputation rather than on common sense and here he is on the verge of making the same mistake with Shearer.

I saw nothing in Shearer's 8 games in charge to suggest he is the great manager everyone in black and white appear to think, he has no real experience as a manager, no experience in the Championship and none in the transfer market.Yet Ashley seems likely to follow the wishes of the fans an appoint this man to rebuild a club from top to bottom while reducing wage bills and some how gain promotion.

I just don't see it happening for Shearer or them as a club the summer and next season have the potential to be a total train wreck and Ashley once again will have a manager he can't sack without facing a massive fans back lash.

I think they will struggle to bounce back for a number of reasons not least because Ashley simply hasn't learnt the lessons of the recent bumpy past. The day he gave Keegan the job he made a rod for his own back by appointing a manager not up to the task who he couldn't sack, an appointment made out of sentiment and on past reputation rather than on common sense and here he is on the verge of making the same mistake with Shearer.

I saw nothing in Shearer's 8 games in charge to suggest he is the great manager everyone in black and white appear to think, he has no real experience as a manager, no experience in the Championship and none in the transfer market.Yet Ashley seems likely to follow the wishes of the fans an appoint this man to rebuild a club from top to bottom while reducing wage bills and some how gain promotion.

I just don't see it happening for Shearer or them as a club the summer and next season have the potential to be a total train wreck and Ashley once again will have a manager he can't sack without facing a massive fans back lash.

I agree, and now I think about it, I almost wonder if Ashley appointed Shearer knowing that he has no transfer market experience so that Ashley himself can take more of an active role in buying players without much conflict from the manager (thinking of the Roman/Mourinho conflicts at Chelsea here). I'm probably way off on that but I'm suspicious.

Newcastle's tendancy to make decisions based on emotional connection rather than thinking rationally (i.e. hiring Shearer/Keegan to be the messiah) has ended up costing them and hopefully they can learn from that and actually think decisions through in future.

Btw, extra credit to you sir for having a Stone Roses lyric in your sig. :lol:

I agree, and now I think about it, I almost wonder if Ashley appointed Shearer knowing that he has no transfer market experience so that Ashley himself can take more of an active role in buying players without much conflict from the manager (thinking of the Roman/Mourinho conflicts at Chelsea here). I'm probably way off on that but I'm suspicious.

I'm not sure about this, Shearer is many things but he is nobodys fool. For he lacks in experience and may lack in ability as a manager he is his own man and I don't for one minute think he would stand for any outside involvement in transfers, with Shearer it will be his way or nothing of that I'm certain.

Newcastle's tendancy to make decisions based on emotional connection rather than thinking rationally (i.e. hiring Shearer/Keegan to be the messiah) has ended up costing them and hopefully they can learn from that and actually think decisions through in future.

Btw, extra credit to you sir for having a Stone Roses lyric in your sig. :lol:

Newcastle's biggest asset is also their biggest problem, their fans. There influence has cast a shadow over those running the club and influenced decision making to such an extent that emotion has replaced business acumen as the driving force in the club.

If Newcastle are ever to reach their potential it is the power of their fan base and the influence they have over the club that will need to be checked. How ironic it is though that it is the passion of their fans that in reality is the only thing going for them as a club. By appointing Shearer Ashley will just be making yet another fan inspired decision and compounding the problems.

Â