Will Newcastle Come Straight Back Up?

maqroll

Will Toon Soon Return?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will Toon Soon Return?

• No
    • Yes
    • Who?

Of the three sides that went down they are the worst equipped to come back up. There are also teams that didnt make it up this year who are in better shape for a promotion push.

History has kinda shown that if you spend the first couple of months of the summer completely changing a squad who got relegated from the big league, you will probably struggle in the fizzy pop one.

SHA usually manage it!

I don't think either Barcodes or Boro will come back up. Baggies will be somewhere in the top 6 as usual.

If they pip Sunderland to Bruce, yes.

If Shearer stays, no.

And either way Boro' are far better equipped to bounce straight back.

Boro will be awful once they lose their "good" players.

Will be relying on Aliadere and Emnes to fire them out of the championship. :shock:

No. they will have a difficult job re-grouping. Only if they somehow find an excellent manager who can bind them will they have a chance. My monies on West Brom, Ipswich and possibly Preston/Boro.

I dont think Shearer will be able to save them. They need to sell lots of players, do not have a great set of youth players coming through and will have to buy a squad of players with good champ experience to get anywhere near the top. I would be very surprised if they were in the top 4 of that division, although would not rule out them making the play offs if in a good position come Feb next year.

oh shit, bad news from the FA

Hull are going to be deducted points - stolen from the BBC sport website -

It has just hit the news that Hull have been charged with fielding an unregistered player at the end of January '09.

Apparently when they signed Kamil Zayatte from Young Boys for £2.5M on 23 January this year, there had been some irregularities with the transfer and he was not formerly registered when Hull drew 2-2 with West Brom. West Brom have been awarded 3 points for that game instead of 1 but it has made no difference to them, they are still relegated.

However Hull have been stripped of their point, which puts them on the same points as Newcastle but with a poorer goal difference.

Newcastle have complained immediately and if their claim is upheld, Hull will be relegated retrospectively and Newcastle united are to stay in the premiership.

Carlsberg don't do e-mails for delusional Geordies, but if they did, they would probably be the best e-mails in the world!

Â