The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Just bought myself a ticket to see John (times two) at The Cavern in Exeter - a cracking tiny venue. 

One of those bands I've never intentionally gone to see, but always happy to see them crop up on the bill.

• Like 1

Off to See Spangled again tonight as they are venturing down South  , better still they are playing at a brewery  

bad news is in its Hackney , so the brewery is bound to be full of people with beards , plaid shirts and  bow ties

• Haha 1

Alien Weaponry stole the show for me, absolutely amazing performance and so much energy in the crowd. Gojira were a bit milder after that, but they do put on a pretty good theatrical show - their music lends itself less to a lively floor, yet I still somehow lost a shoe and had to take refuge in the seats for the last half hour :blush:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Alien Weaponry stole the show for me, absolutely amazing performance and so much energy in the crowd. Gojira were a bit milder after that, but they do put on a pretty good theatrical show - their music lends itself less to a lively floor, yet I still somehow lost a shoe and had to take refuge in the seats for the last half hour :blush:

Was tempted to make the trip up but too knackered from work. Glad you had fun. Did you catch Employed To Serve as well? 

7 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

Got tickets to see The Mars Volta in June. Never got to see them before the hiatus so buzzing for this one.

I've taken tomorrow morning off work so I can be sat ready when the tickets for the London show go on sale.

Best Peele Sweating GIFs | Gfycat

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

I've taken tomorrow morning off work so I can be sat ready when the tickets for the London show go on sale.

Best Peele Sweating GIFs | Gfycat

Good luck! I've seen the clips from their shows last year and they sounded great. Best Cedric has sounded for years.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

‼️Tickets to another bucket-lister acquired...

Devo SQ no urlsimage.png.be2515d4a3d3f34c7504e9f2865c7d3c.png

Between this and The Mars Volta, I can now breathe a sigh of relief that skipping ArcTanGent this year has turned out to be the right call.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

‼️Tickets to another bucket-lister acquired...

Devo SQ no urlsimage.png.be2515d4a3d3f34c7504e9f2865c7d3c.png

Between this and The Mars Volta, I can now breathe a sigh of relief that skipping ArcTanGent this year has turned out to be the right call.

50 years !

I saw this on my gig email alert and thought it was  those 4 opera singer blokes :blush:

Just back from Suede in Guildford , great intimate venue for them 

must be 6 or 7th time I’ve seen them and they seem to get better every time 

• Like 2

Didn't go last year but I've took the family to Victorious festival a few times as its really good for young kids. Only do the Sunday and this year we're even in the holiday inn on Southsea Common so perfect location.

The Sunday is a shocking lineup for me at least. It is more about the girls but still I'd like to have looked forward to some acts. There's a few ok but compared with the other 2 days it's a bit disappointing, Oh well.

image.png

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The Sunday is a shocking lineup for me at least

all 3 days are shocking  tbf

same reason I'm not doing isle of Wight this year  , guess all the good bands are having a year off  .... 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Didn't go last year but I've took the family to Victorious festival a few times as its really good for young kids. Only do the Sunday and this year we're even in the holiday inn on Southsea Common so perfect location.

The Sunday is a shocking lineup for me at least. It is more about the girls but still I'd like to have looked forward to some acts. There's a few ok but compared with the other 2 days it's a bit disappointing, Oh well.

image.png

There are only two acts (poss 3) on that entire bill that I'd pay money to see these days. Sure I'd watch The Charlatans and the Inspirals, maybe even have a glance at Johnny Marr and a few other bands too but only Shame and Billy Nomates would I pay to see in their own right. Thats an awful line-up

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

all 3 days are shocking  tbf

same reason I'm not doing isle of Wight this year  , guess all the good bands are having a year off  .... 

Oh i agree on the lineup as a whole and wouldn't be one to choose because of the line up certainly the headliners. There's enough there to see even if just for nostalgia. Especially as some of the time will be away from the music in the kids area, splash pad etc as well as meeting up with an old mate and his family.

Just a shame I actually have a hotel a short walk away and no need to leave a bit early to get a taxi this time. The youngest will only be just 6 so she might not make it anyway. So looks like I might be the one to leave early while Mrs and other daughter watch one of the stage headliners.

I just hope the weather is good.

It used to be quite cheap too, still is for kids but day ticket adult tickets are now nearly twice the price.

That reeks of middle aged man at festival with his mates and their partners. Its Vfestival in all but name. I think my wife likes Sigrid and I have seen a fair the other acts over the years, but that as festivals go is very uninspiring. 

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

That reeks of middle aged man at festival with his mates and their partners. Its Vfestival in all but name. I think my wife likes Sigrid and I have seen a fair the other acts over the years, but that as festivals go is very uninspiring. 

I've done Sundays on 2 previous years and seeing lineups before that. They do somewhat have some nostalgia acts from 90s and now edging into the 2000s. Although you don't really get the middle aged man vibe when you're there.

In defence of bookers its probably quite a hard to get a family festival lineup spot on. Even just for my circumstances. I doubt I'd go to a festival with my Mrs as I'd have no interest in what she would want to go to, which would probably piss her off as I would not see her the whole time😂 then there is the kids who I do get to listen to some of my music but they're 5 and 10 so it's pretty mainstream although the eldest is starting to develop her own taste.

The worst area was where they have some DJ's as I did feel a bit old there and lots were dressed for a night out and on the sniff. That bit was a bit less family friendly. Although a nice set up in Southsea Castle. In fact the whole set up and location is pretty good if not let down a bit on the lineup which it will get judged on.

At least if Sunday isn't popular the queues at the bar will be short.

• Like 1

Â