The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

My **** ears have only just stopped ringing, Orange Goblin were **** LOUD at The Slade Rooms.

Lots of decent bands in the support line -up too, missed the first one at 3.30pm but got an earful of all the other 7 or 8 acts. Lots of alcohol consumed, had a chat with Big Ben Ward of OG...an excellent day for a ticket price of £18 :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My **** ears have only just stopped ringing, Orange Goblin were **** LOUD at The Slade Rooms.

Lots of decent bands in the support line -up too, missed the first one at 3.30pm but got an earful of all the other 7 or 8 acts. Lots of alcohol consumed, had a chat with Big Ben Ward of OG...an excellent day for a ticket price of £18 :)

Also decided to get a little souvenir too

7XSPZTp.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, well done Saddiq.

Corporate giant Brexit scumbags Wetherspoons recently tried to close down the Womanby Street music scene by applying to open a hotel and then complaining about noisy neighbours.

They were told any hotel would have to be built properly with acoustic insulation so they wouldn't be complaining about noise from music venues. Scumbag Wetherspoon decided building it properly would cost too much and withdrew the application.

stream_img.jpg

Wetherspoons (sign on left of photo), moved in to the area because it was funky and bustling, with the likes of CCS Club, Clwb Ifor Bach, Full Moon, City Arms etc., then decided they'd try and close down all the competition.

What a lovely corporate giant. They can shove their sticky carpet and tacky poorly cleaned surfaces up their arse.

OOI and just having a Cardiff City Centre regeneration whinge, but has the brainchild of Brains and Bale opened on the grave of Dempseys yet?

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, well done Saddiq.

Corporate giant Brexit scumbags Wetherspoons recently tried to close down the Womanby Street music scene by applying to open a hotel and then complaining about noisy neighbours.

They were told any hotel would have to be built properly with acoustic insulation so they wouldn't be complaining about noise from music venues. Scumbag Wetherspoon decided building it properly would cost too much and withdrew the application.

stream_img.jpg

Wetherspoons (sign on left of photo), moved in to the area because it was funky and bustling, with the likes of CCS Club, Clwb Ifor Bach, Full Moon, City Arms etc., then decided they'd try and close down all the competition.

What a lovely corporate giant. They can shove their sticky carpet and tacky poorly cleaned surfaces up their arse.

And their Brexit-loving prat of an owner can f**k off too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

OOI and just having a Cardiff City Centre regeneration whinge, but has the brainchild of Brains and Bale opened on the grave of Dempseys yet?

Yes, it's open now.

Mixed feeling about that one. It's heading towards gentrification and back in the day I used to enjoy my lunchtime stew in Dempseys.

But recently it had turned in to a rugby dicks pub. To the point where during the Euro's they absolutely refused to show the Wales games. They literally had some minor rugby bollocks, **** Gloucester against Newport or some such shite, or on another occasion **** archive rugby of some new zealand game.

So, the thought of that place being bought by a footballer, closed down, bleached and exorcised is actually quite funny.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Going to watch Pumarosa in Manchester tonight.

I'm going to see them on Monday! Looking forward to it.

Then the next night, I'm going to see Mastodon at Rock City.  That's going to be an interesting 180. 

19 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm going to see them on Monday! Looking forward to it.

Then the next night, I'm going to see Mastodon at Rock City.  That's going to be an interesting 180. 

Cool man, if you like them and if you're not already listening to them, check out DBFC.

Absolutely mint and quite a few tracks on Spotify (other mediums for music are available)

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep, just setting out now. Should be a belter, especially with the superb Red Fang supporting.

Good to see you posting again D1 (now get along to the albums of the year thread and post another ;) )

Positive Vibrations Reggae Festival in Liverpool next June have announced some of their confirmed acts.

Only two words were needed for me... Creation Rebel

Oh and Mr Adrian Maxwell Sherwood will not only be at the controls for their set but Djing too

On-Utastic

• Like 1

Â