The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can imagine they weren't very good. 

They couldn't play, Ryder was a mess, the sound was awful, lyrics on a bit of paper but that didnt matter as he appeared to make them up anyway. Dire, just dire, that was in 89 and now hundreds of bands later still overwhelmingly the worst band I have ever seen live.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

They couldn't play, Ryder was a mess, the sound was awful, lyrics on a bit of paper but that didnt matter as he appeared to make them up anyway. Dire, just dire, that was in 89 and now hundreds of bands later still overwhelmingly the worst band I have ever seen live.

Tbf, they are a load of shit anyway with only one song I like. 

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I saw that tour too - Newport Centre if I remember right. Shambolic in the extreme. They only finished half their set and there was almost a riot when they left the stage. One of the best nights of my life but that's mostly because I copped off with a stunner from the valleys in the bus station on the way home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

I saw that tour too - Newport Centre if I remember right. Shambolic in the extreme. They only finished half their set and there was almost a riot when they left the stage. One of the best nights of my life but that's mostly because I copped off with a stunner from the valleys in the bus station on the way home.

Must not make sheep joke... Must not make sheep joke... Must not make sheep joke...

• Like 2

37585117035_e5a6cd0c96.jpg

acoustic set tonight from the lowly little reverend Larry and Alabama 3

channeling Hank Williams, Woody Guthrie and Johnny Cash

on top form

Nice little venue too, Komedia in Bath, first time there, I'd go again. By utterly random luck, I knew the girl serving behind the bar so had a little chat and a catch up.

• Like 1

Happy to report that Happy Mondays weren’t terrible... not the best gig I’ve ever been to but I think a lot of that is down to the Roundhouse having shit acoustics , but everyone in the audience was enjoying themselves and Ryder remembered all the words ... couple of stand out songs a few meh ones 

glad I went all in all

Depeche Mode next week ,another band from my younger years 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Happy to report that Happy Mondays weren’t terrible... not the best gig I’ve ever been to but I think a lot of that is down to the Roundhouse having shit acoustics , but everyone in the audience was enjoying themselves and Ruder remembers all the words ... couple of stand out songs a few meh ones 

glad I went all in all

Depeche Mode next week ,another band from my younger years 

Good to hear. Off to the Happy Mondays tonight in a bit now.

Gentleman's Dub Club in the Tramshed in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago was probably the best gig of the year so far for me. Also my first visit to the Tramshed. Nice mid-sized venue I thought. Thumbs up.

• Like 1

Depeche Mode tonight 

wow what a show.... more like a rock band than a synth band from the 80’s ... some greet driving guitars and drumming , great frontman , they are kinda the complete package ...

the cure earlier late last year  might be the only better live performance I’ve seen 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the cure earlier late last year  might be the only better live performance I’ve seen 

I'd love to see the cure but i don't trust myself not to take the mick out of Robert Smith a la "Mary Whitehouse experience "

Now that would be a personal disaster !

3 hours ago, Xann said:

Who supported?

Novatines, a local rock band and they were perfectly good 'rock'.

yeah, to continue my answer @Xann , I had to cut that one short when I realised someone was stood behind me and I'd just been monologuing about how busy I was...

Bath based band, a bit rock by numbers but not bad at all for all that. I'd happily go see them again for a tenner. Drummer and keyboard player looked to be a notch above the three guitar front men.

I was a bit worried about some electric guitar driven rock as the support act before an acoustic set, but it worked perfectly well.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Gotcha.

A friend supported A3 for a couple of the gigs. He loved it.

He wouldn't be a one man steel guitar playing dude would he? I've seen him and really enjoyed it.

Their gigs are just so relaxed and so mixed. All human life is there from kids to pensioners, vanilla and less vanilla. I've never had a bad experience in the crowd at one of their gigs. I've also blagged it back stage / green room a couple of times and they do all appear to be a happy relaxed bunch of people the majority of the time.

Guaranteed good fun for £15.

I've got nothing planned in the diary until February now, so going to try and find a reggae / dub sound system somewhere between now and then, but work is hectic too, so it's all a bit thin for nights out at the mo. Was hoping to experience a bit of Channel One, but they don't seem to do that much, or not obviously advertise it anyway.

• Like 1

Â