The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Went to see Mogwai at Northumbria Uni last night. They were excellent, as always.

Sun Ra Arkestra are playing The Sage at the beginning of April. Will be going to that, if I can find a mate to go with.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Billy Bragg in June, at the Donald Gordon in the WMC.

Haven't bought a ticket yet, not sure the opulent faux opera surroundings suit our Billy.

What does @tonyh29 think?

welsh-opera-460_1116977c.jpg

Just can't picture myself stood in there, left arm aloft, chanting that there's power in a union and chives in the organic hummus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Billy Bragg in June, at the Donald Gordon in the WMC.

Haven't bought a ticket yet, not sure the opulent faux opera surroundings suit our Billy.

What does @tonyh29 think?

welsh-opera-460_1116977c.jpg

Just can't picture myself stood in there, left arm aloft, chanting that there's power in a union and chives in the organic hummus.

I say go for it , you can always get your Butler to throw a prawn sandwich at him if it's not to your liking

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My first tattoo is billy bragg related, word to the wise, make sure both you and your tattooist are sober.

In a should never meet your heroes post. Years ago, mid nineties I went to Cambridge Folk Festival purely to see Billy Bragg. I saw him and hovered for a couple of minutes before he beckoned me over, we spent 20 minutes talking music, family, politics, the bnp and out of the many many "pop stars" I have met, singularly the nicest bloke I have met that is considered famous.

yeah, I've seen him a couple of times at smaller venues, which really works. Not so sure in a big space, likely give it a swerve. Trouble being, he's got a bit of momentum behind him and outgrown the small spaces.

Saw him in town at a little arts venue, proper rabble rousing good, people would have left that gig and burnt stuff down if he'd asked. Then also seen him at Park & Dare in treorchy doing a Woodie Guthrie celebration. Much quieter, a chatty relaxed evening. But equally brilliant. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Half Man Half Biscuit (once again) at the Robin 2 tonight.

Joy Division Oven Gloves and Dukla Prague Away Kit at the ready :D

Vatican broadside, I would post but the initial youtube image would get me a warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Vatican broadside, I would post but the initial youtube image would get me a warning.

ask yourself WWBBD ( before he sold out and went corporate at least)

he'd have said **** the establishment and posted it  ..... so post away brother 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ask yourself WWBBD ( before he sold out and went corporate at least)

he'd have said **** the establishment and posted it  ..... so post away brother 

Barry Bannan? 

• Like 1

Â