The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

DU4eYLIW0AEs6n7.jpg

467e46c3506ed5ea1f38ad4ceb7dc6c1.jpg

I noticed they were touring just the other day. I was also gutted to see I'd missed the Newcastle and Leeds shows.

Heads up, if you're on the Faceybook, check out Walk n Skank. They do a weekly show, where a different sound system / DJ plays a set on Faceybook live. It's normally pretty damn good.

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I see a white man with dreads has made its way into this thread.

Not just a normal white man with dreads either. A pasty, ginger, Scotch man. The worst kind.

• Like 1

My favourite Album of last year was the Jen Cloher one, so I went to see her play last night.  Ruddy heck! Incredibly good. £8 to see her, with a really superb band (including Courtney Barnett) in a cracking venue. It should have been some sort of crime for it to be that cheap, and a crime for her not to be more well known.

• Like 1

Off to see the lovely Butcher Babies this Friday in Brum...

butcherbabiescarlaheidi2015solo_638.jpg

And just read the Chelsea Wolfe will be supporting Ministry on their UK tour this year.

A double whammy for me with Ministry being one of my favourite bands of the last 20 years or so and Chelsea Wolf being on my 'need to see live' list.

So yeah, this...

source-1.gif?mtime=20170509170035

• Like 1

Mate of mine in Boston just seen these guys and recommended them to me , got to say i think they sound pretty good so might go see them when they hit the U.K. in May

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Mate of mine in Boston just see these guys and recommended them to me , got to say i think they sound pretty good so might go see them when they hit the U.K. in May

Been going for years, great band. Anybody who does a song called "Mama Get the Hammer, There's a Fly on the Baby's Head" gets my vote. 

• Haha 1

On 15/02/2018 at 15:10, blandy said:

My favourite Album of last year was the Jen Cloher one, so I went to see her play last night.  Ruddy heck! Incredibly good. £8 to see her, with a really superb band (including Courtney Barnett) in a cracking venue. It should have been some sort of crime for it to be that cheap, and a crime for her not to be more well known.

Heard both the sessions on that Marc Riley show from the potting shed, keep meaning to get the album. I've listened to it on the spot thing a few times, very good

• Like 1

Stones tickets go on sale tomorrow for their uk stadium tour. I'd love to see them, if I'm being honest. Debating it, but, I think the ticket prices are going to be high, and we've already got a lot going on this year. Doubt I'll want to hand over 300 quid tomorrow. 

22 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Stones tickets go on sale tomorrow for their uk stadium tour. I'd love to see them, if I'm being honest. Debating it, but, I think the ticket prices are going to be high, and we've already got a lot going on this year. Doubt I'll want to hand over 300 quid tomorrow. 

got mine already 

£88 for a general standing ticket ... they did ruin it somewhat by charging £11 a ticket booking fee for an email ticket that I print myself

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

got mine already 

£88 for a general standing ticket ... they did ruin it somewhat by charging £11 a ticket booking fee for an email ticket that I print myself

Thought you'd be going tbf. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Where you going to watch them? 

Coming up in the next few weeks: 

Albert Lee

Laurel Canyon Union (local band) 

Waiting For Wednesday (local band)

Joan Baez

Jonathan Wilson 

• Like 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought you'd be going tbf. That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Where you going to watch them? 

London Stadium (22nd May)

the Twickenham gig would have been better (only 20 mins from me) but same night as Pearl Jam so couldn't make it

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've noticed a few of them are midweek. I was looking at the Friday, or Saturday one, but can't remember where they were at. I might try and get tickets, but don't know yet. 

they just announced a Friday gig at London Stadium 25th May

otherwise its Midweek  apart from Edinburgh  (sat) and Cardiff  (fri)

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

they just announced a Friday gig at London Stadium 25th May

otherwise its Midweek  apart from Edinburgh  (sat) and Cardiff  (fri)

That's the ones. Was looking at Cardiff. I've heard rumours they were doing Villa Park, but heard no more. I should go really, as they are one of the bands I'd love to see before I die, or should I say before they die. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's the ones. Was looking at Cardiff. I've heard rumours they were doing Villa Park, but heard no more. I should go really, as they are one of the bands I'd love to see before I die, or should I say before they die. 

Hah! You think we're going to outlive Keef? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â