The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my! The Breeders are touring the UK, playing in Leeds in May. My boner is only killed slightly by it being at one of my least favourite venues, Stylus at the uni. Gonna have to make the effort though I think. #teamkim

10 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Oh my! The Breeders are touring the UK, playing in Leeds in May. My boner is only killed slightly by it being at one of my least favourite venues, Stylus at the uni. Gonna have to make the effort though I think. #teamkim

I have a friend at their record company who says their new album is exceptional. 

Gigs. First of the year is a british country music gig on saturday in Manchester. One of the acts is Ags Connolly who produced one of my favourite albums of the year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ticketmaster describes Verified Fan as a way for “real fans to get exclusive ticket access to see their favourite shows”. You have to register, and then, if you are selected, you receive a unique code giving you access to a special pre-sale. The company says it is a highly effective way of clamping down on touts and computer “bots” – the software used to harvest tickets in bulk for resale at rip-off prices.

Guardian

Ticketmaster want to decide how big a fan you are? Just bend over.

Can't decide between NOS Alive and Rock Werchter this year.

Arctic Monkeys to be announced for both festivals this week.

Both line-ups look incredible, but RW has Nick Cave, NIN and Arctic Monkeys all on the same day. Pretty awesome. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Both line-ups look incredible, but RW has Nick Cave, NIN and Arctic Monkeys all on the same day. Pretty awesome. 

I believe NOS Alive is already sold out if that makes your decision any easier :) ..I was looking at going for Pearl Jam and it said sold out , but that might just be on the 3 day tickets

Mad Cool fest in Madrid has a decent line up as a plan B  ... also keeps your eye on I-Days in MIlan  .. got Noel Gallagher Thurs Night and Liam Gallagher on the Fri night ... now they've sorta kissed and made up  , you never know one might join the other on stage  !!!

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I believe NOS Alive is already sold out if that makes your decision any easier :) ..I was looking at going for Pearl Jam and it said sold out , but that might just be on the 3 day tickets

Mad Cool fest in Madrid has a decent line up as a plan B  ... also keeps your eye on I-Days in MIlan  .. got Noel Gallagher Thurs Night and Liam Gallagher on the Fri night ... now they've sorta kissed and made up  , you never know one might join the other on stage  !!!

They still need to release the Hotel + Ticket packages for NOS so was hoping to pick one of those up when they are released.

Seeing the Gallagher bro's together on stage again would be awesome. Though I did read they had fell out again :lol: 

49 minutes ago, Xann said:

Thee Hypnotics are touring.

Garage Rock band late 60s style, own material, bit of swagger about them at their peak, not to be taken entirely seriously.

@Rugeley Villa this is the sort of band you were ruing the absence of? ;)

Never going to set the world alight, but for what it is, it's good on the ear. 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2018 at 10:06, PieFacE said:

Tip for Rock Werchter, book into the Novotel in Leuven. Its 2 mins walk from where the buses leave for the festival site and quite a few of the bands were using it too. Good festival, me and blandy went about ten years ago

Book it early though for obvious reasons

• Like 1

Went to see Gaga last night, She is very good at what she does and not many people these days do 2 1/2 hour+ shows. A bit too much talking but it was being filmed for TV/DVD so guessing she was just saying everything she wanted to say & may well edit some out later.

Have somehow eneded up going to see her again tonight too :/

Merchandise really is getting rediculous at some gigs now, £20 for a poster, £30+ for a hat, £50 for a t-shirt & £70 for a sweatshirt/Hoodie

On 30/01/2018 at 21:00, Xann said:

Thee Hypnotics are touring.

Garage Rock band late 60s style, own material, bit of swagger about them at their peak, not to be taken entirely seriously.

@Rugeley Villa this is the sort of band you were ruing the absence of? ;)

With Jim Jones? I saw them as a younger, a more melodic brother of Loop. Unsure I would see them again, but may be tempted if they come locally.

Edited by Seat68

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

With Jim Jones?

For the first time in 20 years, the classic line-up of Thee Hypnotics has reformed for a 15-date tour set to take place across March and April.

The line-up, consisting of co-founders Jim Jones (vocals) and Ray Hanson (guitar), with Phil Smith (drums) and Jeremy Cottingham (bass), will tour across the UK following a pair of dates in France on March 29 and 30. Kicking off at Leicester's Sounhouse on March 31, they will then take in dates in Newcastle, Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and London, before finishing off at Ramsgate Music Hall on April 15.

Quietus

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Soul2Soul-Birmingham-688x488_154414faaf6ce775cad6c8d8cb7a97c5.jpg.a7a3e2e07eec2ecd0e99d6d2b200d7cc.jpg

i'm doing this one....cant believe its 30 years...where have they gone??!!

I saw them at camp Bestival the other year 

Every song they played just sounded like an extended version of Back to Life but they were tuneful enough ... just not my thing 

Â