25 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

• Yes
    • No - we need to work as a team
    • No - I distrust employees from being out of sight
    • No - a working environment creates better results

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The post office near me are so bad. They are under staffed, rude and just not very helpful 

Prefer banks tbh.

Yeah i do check but i really dont like giving my card details over the phone tbh. Always been like this

They will never ask you for card details. Just address, name and then maybe text you a code for verification. 

On 11/12/2023 at 08:38, Demitri_C said:

Not great.

But where do they intend to put them as banks seem to be closing all their branches!

Very annoying 

Its their HQ in Swindon

Nationwide made a big deal about people working from anywhere they want, and now they have changed their minds. People have moved away etc based on their initial comments.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Its their HQ in Swindon

Nationwide made a big deal about people working from anywhere they want, and now they have changed their minds. People have moved away etc based on their initial comments.

I went in today and two team members are struggling to come in for our team days as ones moved  to peterborough and the others in Somerset 

When covid hit i have no idea why they thought we would never have to come in. If we get recalled into office 3 days a week (they can do that as out contracts say we should be in office) they are ****

I think they will have to resign 

I know a couple of people that thought they’d hit the jackpot, valleys house prices, Bristol salary.

They’ve now been told the rules have been changed and they are expected in the office 2 or 3 days a week.

Both are challenging it through HR in that they specifically had interviews where they were employed to work remotely. They’d both threaten to quit, but Bristol wages, valleys cost of living is very enticing if they can strike some sort of deal.

• 1 month later...

Today's my and my team's day to go the office. Despite me having a 11 month old that robbed me of 70% of my sleep last night, I go in.

I explicitly state I've had no sleep, I'm absolutely shattered and I absolutely look it.

Despite this, since I stepped in the door 50 minutes ago I've had people start conversations with me constantly about absolutely nothing. As is the norm.

Absolutely waste of company time and my energy. 

• Like 1

On 15/12/2023 at 19:15, chrisp65 said:

They’ve now been told the rules have been changed and they are expected in the office 2 or 3 days a week.

Same in our place. We've been told we will have to do 3 days per week in the office. Most likely I expect some comprimise otherwise half the workforce will leave. My guess is they'll settle for one day a week in the office.

I know a couple of people that thought they’d hit the jackpot, valleys house prices, Bristol salary.

Both are challenging it through HR in that they specifically had interviews where they were employed to work remotely. They’d both threaten to quit, but Bristol wages, valleys cost of living is very enticing if they can strike some sort of deal.

we had the same. people employed whilst living in manchester etc now having to relocate.

did people really expect remote working would remain the norm? it's literally the only thing from the lock down era that remains. don't need to take tests to fly anymore, can walk up to the bar in a pub again, no one way systems in supermarkets. we're back to pre-COVID normal with this being the only exception. people should be happy they still get to work from home 2 days a week and in my place that's only becuase we hired so many during lockdown that the campus isn't big enough to have every employee in the office on the same day

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Same in our place. We've been told we will have to do 3 days per week in the office. Most likely I expect some comprimise otherwise half the workforce will leave. My guess is they'll settle for one day a week in the office.

Rumours around our office started last week that they’ll go from 2 days in the office to 3. We had an ‘ask me anything’ session with a manager last week where the question was asked and she said it is being considered up above (which felt like an easy get out for her).

Like you, I expect a large chunk of staff will walk if they make it 3 days. I know it’s not the end of the world, considering we used to do 5 in the office, but 1- the world has changed now, and 2- the negatives of working for this place will start to seriously outweigh the positives if they make 3 office days compulsary.

We have to do 1 day a week, but it’s never been part of our contract and we do tell new people that they will have to go into an office (we have a few nationwide). They are looking to sell off some of our office space, but then there is also talk of increasing attendance again (2 days a week). I think there will be a lot of problems if they try to enforce that.  

A HR email came out the other day and it said something like “the flexible working policy means people can decide what is right for their team. This doesn’t mean you have to be in the office 5 days a week, but also doesn’t mean you should be in 0 days per week”.

Ive been in about 6 times in 3 years (and have never been so productive).

I’m fresh out of a meeting where I’ve just been volunteered to be in charge of WFH practise and policy for our offices.

The message I’m about to have to pitch to people will be ‘more senior staff can self manage, more junior staff need approval from me on a week by week basis, applied for a week in advance, junior staff on some projects cannot wfh for the duration of that project’.

I’ll have to word it up a bit less crudely than that, but that’s essentially the sell.

Essentially, I am now the wank tsar.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

lol, nah, **** that, companies denied that it could work, had their hands forced, and then workers mostly proved that it can and does work.

Fortunately my contract was changed to be permanently remote so I never go in even though I'm less than a couple of miles away from my office.

Exactly, and people employed as remote are rightly angry at the suggestion they HAVE to go in to the office now.

• Like 1

Colleague of mine went from the Edinburgh office to Orkney at the tail end of Covid. We are still fairly relaxed and most wfh the majority of the time but this one wants her flights and hotel paid for now when she decides to come in. I suspect they'll come to realise quite how dispensable they are in the coming months. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exactly, and people employed as remote are rightly angry at the suggestion they HAVE to go in to the office now.

i appreciate it if you literally had it written within contract that you were remote. there were no such contracts in my place

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i appreciate it if you literally had it written within contract that you were remote. there were no such contracts in my place

Same with me, they just unofficially created flexible working. They could theoretically revert back but a lot of the offices are now smaller* as they don’t need so many desks at the same time.

*The office is the same size but each team’s allocation of desks is something like 40% of the actual team size.

Some people were hired on remote contract and being told they have to go to the office, that’s not cool.

Â