The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just watched 'Its a wonderful life' for the first time!

I had it for ages but was put off by the fact its b&w. I needn't have worried as its a fantastic film, highly deserving of its 'classic' status.

Just watched The Town and it was the best movie ive seen in ages..

Too similar to Heat for me in too many ways. Just poor criminals rather than slick classy criminals.

I actually thought it was a well directed film and the action sequences were well shot. Ben Affleck really brings you down to the Boston street level and is growing as a director with each film he makes.

The film went by so fast and I was gripped from start to finish. Not a classic by any means, yet a thoroughly enjoyable film.

I think Affleck needs to spread his wings a little now though and move his films away from a Boston setting. I do think he has the ability to do so.

'Gone Baby Gone' is worth a watch if you enjoyed 'The Town'. It's not as good (in my opinion), yet is still well worth a watch.

id rather just open his mouth and take a dump thats all a kermode is good for.

Agreed, I have listened to him for years and years but in the last 6-12 months he has started talking utter bolox.

He thinks the Twilight 123 are ace and a real piece of work, at that point you know there is no way back for him.

Big words from him don't cover up the fact that he is slowly losing it, the programme now only contains 15-20 minutes of actual film reviews and is mostly back slapping "We got a guy out of a coma" type stuff, watch Twilight 2 did he, word removed.

Just watched 'Its a wonderful life' for the first time!

I had it for ages but was put off by the fact its b&w. I needn't have worried as its a fantastic film, highly deserving of its 'classic' status.

Good man.

In fact there is a "colorized" (sic) version. Avoid it like the plague.

We watch IAWL every Xmas, along with Bergman's Fanny and Alexander, the first hour or so of which is most wonderfully Christmassy (after which it takes a somewhat darker turn). Possibly my favourite film of all time.

Â