The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched 'The White Ribbon' last night.

Excellent.

after the initial buzz at cannes ive seen literally nothing of it, guess its not the kind of film tesco sell

It's on Sky Movies at the moment, I didn't think it would be the kind of thing they would bother showing.

You can pick it up fairly cheap in Amazon / HMV. I got it on amazon for £5.75.

And you should too, it is a fantastic movie. Although I'm very biased as I love literally all of Haneke's work - although that's not particularly difficult as he is, in my eyes, the very best director active in world cinema at the moment

And you should too, it is a fantastic movie. Although I'm very biased as I love literally all of Haneke's work - although that's not particularly difficult as he is, in my eyes, the very best director active in world cinema at the moment

Yep, one of my favourite directors too.

I still think the Piano Teacher is one of the most beautifully sick and twisted movies ever, without resorting to cliche ridden violence.

Thought Social Network was excellent!

Watched Monsters and thought it was okay, worth watching.

The Town was good... overrated tho... been done a million times before.

Despicable Me was absolutely hilarious!

Cyrus was.... good i think, i haven't made up my mind if i liked it or not.

Watched 24hr Party People for the first time last night, really enjoyable stuff.

La Haine, if it hasn't been mentioned, is a fantastic french film about urban life. It formed the basis for 'kidulthood', which obviously was shit. but la haine is quality.

Great film. Vincent Cassel is the dude. 8)

Well, everyone should give their Top 5 of the year, then the poll will go up after boxing day (as plenty of movies come out and people go to the cinema a good lot between now and then).

But the movies must of had a UK release date of this year, so despite 127 hours being amazing I won't throw it in because it hasn't been released here yet.

Sound good?

Â