The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Rumble Fish isnt very good, is it?

Absolutely love Rumble Fish, great young cast, some superb cinematography and I really enjoyed the main storyline centering on Rusty James relationship with The Motorcycle Boy. Superior in every way to Coppolas Outsiders imo.

Jackass 3D :lol:

Had a few beers (literally 2 on the way to the cinema) and went with 4 mates and basically laughed our tits off for an hour and a half. You have to go to this with a gang because you feed off each other's laughter. It wouldn't be the same going just with the Mrs. Leave the brain at home and laugh. I love how they play with the 3D technology too. Firing the rubber mickey into your face was classic immature toilet hilarity :) Enjoyed it all much more than I thought I would.

Absolutely love Rumble Fish, great young cast, some superb cinematography and I really enjoyed the main storyline centering on Rusty James relationship with The Motorcycle Boy. Superior in every way to Coppolas Outsiders imo.

I just saw it as an exercise in style over substance. It's a beautiful looking bit of cinema, but I just didn't get grabbed by the plot. I'll concede the cast is incredible though.

Agreed, Rumble Fish is a classic.

"Dead Man" with Johnny Depp is a cool movie. It's a dark and strange "Western", totally original, almost hallucinatory, and with a great soundtrack by Neil Young. Well worth a watch.

Me Myself and Irene. Just watching it now and it's a great laugh. Haven't seen it in a while. Very funny film. At least on a par with Anchorman or Superbad.

Watched some of Wolf last night. That's a great film aswell. And About a Boy. Love that one.

Almost the same film aren't they - filmed back to back with much the same cast and crew and both written by S E Hinton. I'm a fan of both.

This isn't in the right topic, but I don't know where else to post it.

If the topic's title was "Don't recommend me a film", I'll go for the day after tomorrow which is on at the moment.

A two hour advert for Rupert Murdoch. Painful.

One of only two movies which has caused me to walk out the cinema. Utter, utter shite.

If the topic's title was "Don't recommend me a film", I'll go for the day after tomorrow which is on at the moment.

Here?

Here?

Bah, should have noticed that. I'm sure I can come up with some recommendations

anyone watched let me in yet?

getting great reviews but after watching the trailer and seeing the whole boy coming of age comments / best horror film in 20 years (s king) i cant bring myself to watch it

It looks like a very decent remake to be honest and I'm a fan of both the main actors. However, I just can't bring myself to watch it as I'm such a massive fan of the original it would feel like cheapening it.

Also worth pointing out that many of the reviews have said that if you've seen the original then the remake, although good is ultimately superfluous.

I've seen both, and the only differences really are that the horror elements (and by that I mostly mean the juice) has been upped a tad, other than that they are the same - but I would still recommend it to fans of the original as the 2 kids are fantastic.

I wanna see let me in

I saw the original ages ago and it was really good (the boy was more scary and freakish looking than the actuall vampire, **** orrible he was)

i'm just actually reading the book of it now and the way it is going the book is better than the original film

Â