The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Boy_A_Poster.jpg

Someone already mentioned this one iirc, but I would just like to add my recommendation too. Top performances from Peter Mullan and particularly Andrew Garfield, and a very emotive subject handled extremely well.

Well worth a watch.

Watched Skyline last night. Will recommend that you do not go watch it :D

Is it really as bad as I've heard? I mean, it doesn't look that bad, and I usually enjoy sci-fi...

Just watched the Wolfman remake extended cut.

Every fibre of the film lover in me shouts that it's bollocks. The story actually doesn't make any sense at a couple of points, belying the fact it's production was a mess, the acting is awful (Hopkins clearly at times basically is thinking '**** it, I'm gonna have fun with this rubbish' and almost plays it as a comedy), the monster whilst a good homage to the original is just a little silly, and suffers from the same CG problem that Spiderman 1 did (no weight to the creature), it's not particularly scary bar a couple of cheap jumps, nor is it particularly awe inspiring in it's action.

But it's a great laugh, it's proper shut your brain off and enjoy it for what it is, complete hokum rubbish. It's fun. Looks pretty good too. And the sound is great. It's like the bastard cousin of AVP2 for me. That was a film that was so shockingly awful, you watched it to appreciate the badness. The Wolfman is a film that really isn't any good in any major facet, indeed it's so flawed as to at times not even make sense, but it's managed to drag something fun out of it all.

Is it really as bad as I've heard? I mean, it doesn't look that bad, and I usually enjoy sci-fi...

It's by the same talentless clearings in the woods that made AvP 2, should tell you all you need to know really. They make Michael Bay look like a genius. :shock:

Watched Skyline last night. Will recommend that you do not go watch it :D

Yes, it's that bad! Looks great, the effects are brilliant. But the film is just terrible.

anyone watched let me in yet?

getting great reviews but after watching the trailer and seeing the whole boy coming of age comments / best horror film in 20 years (s king) i cant bring myself to watch it

Saw it yesterday, thought it was outstanding. Chloe Moretz at such a young age certainly has a high count of number of people she has decapitated in her films.

Have the original lined up to watch. Not sure if I should of watched that first?

Â