The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw Monsters and The Disappearance of Alice Creed. Though Monsters was alright, but after waiting for something to happen from the start of the film, not a lot did happen and was a let down in the end.

I found TDOAC much better. Good plot and liked the way it was filmed. I'd seen some talk of it on here, which is why I watched it, but didn't realise it was a British film which was a nice surprise.

Suffering from a bit of man flu so have lined up a few classics.

Today: 'The Desert Fox' and 'A Day at the Races'

Tomorrow: 'Brighton Rock' and 'The Third Man'

All highly recommended (especially 'The Third Man') :thumb:

Damn right. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

What are everyone's 5 favourite films?

I'm unsure of the order right now, but the Dark Knight and district 9 are up there I guess... And of course Rocky IV :D

What are everyone's 5 favourite films?

I'm unsure of the order right now, but the Dark Knight and district 9 are up there I guess... And of course Rocky IV :D

In no particular order:

Fanny and Alexander

Godfather II

High Noon

Casablanca

Jean de Florette

It was time for a change, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than watching Dr Rick Dagless MD punch a filly in the face and charge through a crowd with a stick in one hand and adopted eyechild in t'other.

It was time for a change, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than watching Dr Rick Dagless MD punch a filly in the face and charge through a crowd with a stick in one hand and adopted eyechild in t'other.

More people need to watch that series. It's genius.

More people need to watch that series. It's genius.

Agreed.

Â