The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Raging bull is the best black and white film for me

Also a shout out for Nosferatu

I hated Raging Bull. It was just the same two scenes repeated over and over. 

Has fight - Argues with wife. Rinse and repeat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U502uzVmcAE

• Like 1

The descendants is on Channel 4 tomorrow. Watch it. Very underrated. One of the most honest and charming films despite its dour subject. I really do love this film.

I liked it, but I thought Clooney's performance was better than the film itself, if that makes sense?

Good film, great performance.

• Like 1

The Game staring Michael Douglas... Wow what a great film, keeps you in suspense all the way.

Massively underrated. 

I would suggest for those that have not seen it you watch it without reading any reviews or even the IMDB page. It's David Fincher, which is usually description enough. 

• Like 1

The Game staring Michael Douglas... Wow what a great film, keeps you in suspense all the way.

Massively underrated. 

I would suggest for those that have not seen it you watch it without reading any reviews or even the IMDB page. It's David Fincher, which is usually description enough. 

Couldn't agree more.

It was the only Fincher movie I hadn't watched up until a few years ago, really under the radar (for me anyway)

Yeah, it is  a thrilling film. You never know which way it is going right until the end. Absolutely gripping.

Watched a little film called' The Divide' with Michael Biehn and that Milo guy from Heroes.

It didn't get great reviews, but I thought it was excellent.

Very dark, not for those of a nervous disposition.

It's on Netflix, I would definitely recommend,

Watched Snowpiercer after a recommendation on here.

It was seriously pretentious, dumb, metaphorical bulllsh*t. It made no sense, the plot was laughable. 

Yet somehow it was fun.

5/10.

Way too many plotholes.

Like Elysium, made little to no **** sense, despite it's good intentions.

The descendants is on Channel 4 tomorrow. Watch it. Very underrated. One of the most honest and charming films despite its dour subject. I really do love this film.

I liked it, but I thought Clooney's performance was better than the film itself, if that makes sense? Good film, great performance.

Makes perfect sense. Clooney was inspired in it which definitely brought up an already good film a notch or two.

i thought clooney was ok in it, i tend to think he gets a lot of credit for a lot of roles where he seems to be george clooney playing george clooney, not necessarily his accolades for the descendants (i really liked the film btw) but up in the air for example (another good film) he's the same character in so many films

i do like clooney and his effortless style and I've seen and liked most of his films, but im never overly impressed by him as an actor, he's no brad pitt or sean penn for example, never out of his comfort zone, needs to do less ides of march and more syriana

his best film is still out of sight too

I watched 21 and over on Netflix US. I enjoyed it a lot. I quite like Miles Teller he's in That Akward Moment. I do like some rubbish movies sometimes.

If you haven't seen it i reccomend the spectacular now, he's in that as well.

Lucy - suprisingly good

The Signal - not for everyone but I quite enjoyed it

Before I go to sleep - not as good as the book - but very watchable

I watched the Signal last night.  It is really really weird but also very enjoyable over all.  A lot of WTF!!! at the end also.  7/10 as said above,  might not be everyone's cup of cocoa.   

Â