The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Keep meaning to watch Bladerunner. Might do tonight. Might not.

For the first time? Or again?

For the first time and yes CED, I bought the final cut edition :thumb:

Crocodile Dundee (1986)   Just watched this again ,in what must be the first time in over twenty years. Still a great film to watch in my opinion, i enjoyed it as much as i did when i first saw it all them years ago 7/10

WP_20140906_003.jpg

Accidentally cracked it in a few places :(

Channel 4 keep showing a cut down version of Crocodile Dundee which really disappoints me. Didn't Channel 4 once pride themselves on being a bit 'edgier' than the other terrestrial channels? They've cut down the knife scene, cut the swearing out and removed the cocaine scene.

After all the talk on here, i decided to watch Alien 3 for the first time in about 10 years. It's actually a lot better than I remember and a very decent film. It was the perfect end to the trilogy, so why they made the 4th I will never know (well, i do, money!)

• Like 1

Zombieland - Great!

Great cast. Woody Harrelson is hilarious. So different to his character on True Detective.

Woody Harrelson is great in out of the furnace as well, plays a real bastard in that

It's got a great cast in it

Woody

Christian bale

Willem defoe

Casey afleck

Zoe salamander or what ever her name is (bird from star treck)

Forest Whittaker

Well worth watching

Watched Chasing Amy last night.

Meh, it was alright.

Also saw Starter for 10 on Saturday (as previously mentioned). Didn't really know much about it but it was decent. Big cast too. Would recommend it.

After all the talk on here, i decided to watch Alien 3 for the first time in about 10 years. It's actually a lot better than I remember and a very decent film. It was the perfect end to the trilogy, so why they made the 4th I will never know (well, i do, money!)

I watched it yesterday. I watched the 'assembly cut', which is around half an hour longer than the theatrical. It was pretty good, and a lot better than its reputation suggests. The biggest problem was the CGI, which looked terrible.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Rather enjoyed the new Godzilla, nothing amazing and I was expecting a lot more from Mr Edwards based on his catalogue of films but still an enjoyable if predictable few hours. Would have liked to have seen more of the films namesake too.

6.5/10

Have to agree, thought he did a decent enough job but the end product just wasn't that interesting really, had the same problem with pacific rim, unfortunately big things destroying other big things just ain't my bag.

Cloverfield is where it's at when it comes to the 'huge monsters tear shit up' genre.

Part of the problem with these kind of movies is - once you have seen the actual monster/s the rest kind of washes over you and it's hard to imagine it actually happening.

Cloverfield did a great job of building towards the reveal and the 'found footage' style really set it apart. The crazy offshoot, babies/spiders also added to the tension/fear factor in a really cool way too (and were way more frightening)

I watched it yesterday. I watched the 'assembly cut', which is around half an hour longer than the theatrical. It was pretty good, and a lot better than its reputation suggests. The biggest problem was the CGI, which looked terrible.

Agreed, the CGI was awful. Looked real low budget.

What extra bits do you get in the 30 mins in the assembly cut? Just extended scenes or whole new scenes? 

Rather enjoyed the new Godzilla, nothing amazing and I was expecting a lot more from Mr Edwards based on his catalogue of films but still an enjoyable if predictable few hours. Would have liked to have seen more of the films namesake too.

6.5/10

Have to agree, thought he did a decent enough job but the end product just wasn't that interesting really, had the same problem with pacific rim, unfortunately big things destroying other big things just ain't my bag.

Cloverfield is where it's at when it comes to the 'huge monsters tear shit up' genre.

Part of the problem with these kind of movies is - once you have seen the actual monster/s the rest kind of washes over you and it's hard to imagine it actually happening.

Cloverfield did a great job of building towards the reveal and the 'found footage' style really set it apart. The crazy offshoot, babies/spiders also added to the tension/fear factor in a really cool way too (and were way more frightening)

I liked Cloverfield. but it wasn't as good as the trailer promised.

Somebody should have won an award for that trailer. it was incredible

Watched Chasing Amy last night.

Meh, it was alright.

Also saw Starter for 10 on Saturday (as previously mentioned). Didn't really know much about it but it was decent. Big cast too. Would recommend it.

Chasing Amy doesn't have as many laugh out loud moments as the rest of them, but the dialog is probably up their with Kevin Smith's best work. It's basically a very well written RomCom, but with dick and fart jokes. I know a lot of people have been disappointed watching it, but I think it's probably my second favourite, after Clerks.

Edited by dAVe80

Agreed, the CGI was awful. Looked real low budget.

What extra bits do you get in the 30 mins in the assembly cut? Just extended scenes or whole new scenes? 

I haven't seen the theatrical so I can't really say, but from what I've read it is pretty much a complete reworking, with new scenes added and other scenes taken out.

Â