The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anyone else see what I did there? 

I see what you've done, Ingram did the same with Candyman.

Although it's interesting how you did it and then Gareth appeared again after a long absence...maybe that's all we needed to do...and Gareth is Beetlejuice...

I didn't notice any in the film but apparently Lee Child uses Villa players as names in the books.

In the earlier books yeah, Milosevic, McGrath, Graham Taylor and a few others...just lately he used Delfouneso (albeit spelled slightly different)

There is a sequel to Cassablanca that has yet to be made. The script was written not long after the original, but no one picked it up. There were rumours of it being done but... I hope not.

Although, if it was an 'Evil Dead II' type sequel, with the original essentially being remade with more jokes, blood and the infamous alternative ending, I'm all for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltp2QYurHo

They are doing a new beetlejuice as well

Anyone else see what I did there? 

confused Beetlejuice with Groundhog day ?

Nnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. At least it's not a re-make. They'd damn well better be careful though :(

Never seen the original.  is it worth watching, or just too old and dated nowadays for a modern audience to watch it for the first time?

I don't think i've ever seen a black & white film either, i guess  this film might be?

Never seen the original.  is it worth watching, or just too old and dated nowadays for a modern audience to watch it for the first time?

Yes, it's an absolute classic. It's a great story (with quite a dark undercurrent) and yes, It is dated but imo that just adds to it's charm.

Plus Frank Capra made some brilliant movies and his work is always worth a watch.

Edited by Designer1

Well it's getting to the time of year when you should watch it ender and the time of year when it WILL be on at least one channel in the next month.  You really should watch it.  And if you're looking for another B&W film then you should also watch '12 Angry Men' when you get the chance.

Â