The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just seen gravity - very average -sort of like the posiedon adventure in space -quite a short film as well. I didn't see it in 3d - but imo not the classic thats being reported.

Ssh! I'm about to go and see it at the IMax. :)

Watched Flight last night... really good. Didn't end the way I thought it would! Great special effects for the plane crash and Denzil put in another top performance 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Gravity.

9/10 mainly for the over all experience. Saw it at the imax on broad street and the superb 3d, picture and sound made it a fantastic experience. Almost like a planetarium.

Strange movie in itself because of the lack of actors. Bullock's ass and thighs though, wow. Obviously does a lot of running, you can tell from the hamstrings.

Wasn't sure where it was going and could quite easily have gone supernatural or fantasy at any point. I'm glad it didn't.

Anyway, great film.

Gravity.

9/10 mainly for the over all experience. Saw it at the imax on broad street and the superb 3d, picture and sound made it a fantastic experience. Almost like a planetarium.

Strange movie in itself because of the lack of actors. Bullock's ass and thighs though, wow. Obviously does a lot of running, you can tell from the hamstrings.

Wasn't sure where it was going and could quite easily have gone supernatural or fantasy at any point. I'm glad it didn't.

Anyway, great film.

Your spoiler was one of my problems with it.

I thought it was too straightforward. Superb visually but too shallow overall. I wanted more Kubrick.

starbaby.jpg

Gravity.

Anyway, great film.

Your spoiler was one of my problems with it.

I thought it was too straightforward. Superb visually but too shallow overall. I wanted more Kubrick.

Posted Image

I was almost expecting that. It was like it was expected to

change direction so almost everything else does. I found it refreshing to just be a straight film for once. It was open water in space.

There was one slightly Kubrick part though, when she strips off and just slowly spins in the same place for ages. They could have left that going for hours, I wouldn't have complained.

A little late I know, but I just got around to watching Black Swan. Really enjoyed it, very dark, and loved the Swan Lake metaphor, and the little twist. Pretty sure I figured it out.

She was schizophrenic right?

A little late I know, but I just got around to watching Black Swan. Really enjoyed it, very dark, and loved the Swan Lake metaphor, and the little twist. Pretty sure I figured it out.

She was schizophrenic right?

Lol. Yes. :-)

Have you seen fight club?

She was schizophrenic right?

Lol. Yes. :-)

Have you seen fight club?

Yeah, it's a great film. I knew nothing about the film, so wasn't really expecting the weird bits. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a horror film.  

There was one slightly Kubrick part though, when she strips off and just slowly spins in the same place for ages. They could have left that going for hours, I wouldn't have complained.

Yes, she was in the foetal position and there was even an umbilical cord IIRC. The part with her tear(s) as well, I thought.

Stuck Catch me if you can on last night. Never seen it before, was bloody marvellous. Both Hanks and Leo were mesmerising as was Walken. Brilliant film. 9/10.

Then followed it up with The Muppets. Unfunny. Awful. A real let down and could have been so much better. No Rizzo. No bean bunny. Tut. Tut. Treasure Island & Christmas Carol have nothing to fear. 3/10.

Watched Life of Pi on sky movies. Good movie and I'll recommend it. Some parts will leave you thinking wtf but the story between the boy and the tiger is brilliant.

Refuse to watch this, I hate ruining a good book!

I liked Black Swan too. It was completely melodramatic and some of the imagery (MIRRORS!!! MIRRORS!!!) was a little heavy handed, but still, it was a pretty great watch.

We discussed this at length way back in the thread, but I thought Black Swan was risibly bad. I was expecting quite a lot of it (which may have been the problem), but by the end I was reading the paper.

Watched Life of Pi on sky movies. Good movie and I'll recommend it. Some parts will leave you thinking wtf but the story between the boy and the tiger is brilliant.

I liked it ....didn't want to watch it but nothing else on  7/10

Surely the book and the movie are their own thing? One doesn't really have anything to do with the other. A bad movie doesn't change the book.

Â