The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Developed some kind of crush on Jennifer Lawrence after that as well.

Yeah she's rather lovely in that film. I have a fixation with women constantly on the verge of a mental breakdown so she was essentially my perfect partner in that film.

Bet you loved Catherine Deneuve in this...

repulsion1.jpg

;)

Yeah she's rather lovely in that film. I have a fixation with women constantly on the verge of a mental breakdown so she was essentially my perfect partner in that film.

I did mention I would love to smash her back doors but people shot me down  "you people"

Anyone else seen the various promo posters for Nymphomaniac? Typically subtle Von Trier fare.

Yeah, the orgasm faces are hilarious.

Really looking forward to it actually, I do like Von Trier even though he's obviously a complete mentalist.

Bet you loved Catherine Deneuve in this...

repulsion1.jpg

;)

Seen it, and yes... not even the prospect of being clobbered to death after trying it on would put me off Deneuve...

• Like 1

Perhaps somewhat optimistically, I watched Kick-Ass 2 last night. I'm a big fan of the first one but I'm sad to say that the sequel was one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. It basically takes everything that was good about the first and gets rid of it. There's no anarchy or humour. The sub-plot with the girl was just awful and Jim Carrey was completely wasted.

It can't feel good to be that director - seeing how much someone else made of the same basic premise and how much he **** it up.

Edited by JB

Perhaps somewhat optimistically, I watched Kick-Ass 2 last night. I'm a big fan of the first one but I'm sad to say that the sequel was one of the worst films I've seen in a long time. It basically takes everything that was good about the first and gets rid of it. There's no anarchy or humour. The sub-plot with the girl was just awful and Jim Carrey was completely wasted.

It can't feel good to be that director - seeing how much someone else made of the same basic premise and how much he **** it up.

Really? Balls I was looking forward to that, big fan of the first one too. :(

Really? Balls I was looking forward to that, big fan of the first one too. :(

Yeah I thought it was absolute toss. Not even remotely funny. The mrs loved the first one but wanted to turn this one off. I thought it was basically everything that could've gone wrong with the first one, had it been in the wrong hands. Hated it. And it's not just relative to the first one - it's crap in its own right.

Â