The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Cant remember last time I enjoyed a film as much in a long while. Was gutted to have missed it as at the cinema and have watched it twice already this week. Can't imagine anyone not into The Roses would get too much out of it but I absolutely loved it.

image_zps03bdd192.jpg

• Like 3

I really enjoyed world war z. A solid 7 out of 10 movie. Cant think of a better zombie film other then 28 days later.

Not sure how well it did at the box office but sure I read it was brad pitt's highest grossing movie despite not doing as well as expected. I hope they make a sequel.

Not all that often we agree on movies, but definitely do here.

Silver Linings Playbook.

75% Good.

25% Formulaic guff.

A shame, really. For one reason or another the film abandoned the tone of the first 3/4, and what was up to then a rather decent look on mental illness suddenly became a cliche romance, with possibly the most contrived ending I've seen since... I don't even know. Good acting all round despite that.

Ender's Game is released soon. I haven't read the book but I think there are many similarities with Starship Troopers.

The books aren't really that similar, though there are military academies and they're in space.

'Starship Troopers' is a tiny book, and (iirc) less than half of it made it to film, there's two other campaigns against two different alien races before the bugs. It's good though, and not a challenging read in the slightest.

'Ender's Game' is a great book, but I'll leave it at that. If it's any good It might mean a second trip to the cinema in 8 years.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if it's successful. The follow up is a very different story. Almost the opposite of the first really, not really Hollywood fayre at all.

Cant remember last time I enjoyed a film as much in a long while. Was gutted to have missed it as at the cinema and have watched it twice already this week. Can't imagine anyone not into The Roses would get too much out of it but I absolutely loved it.

image_zps03bdd192.jpg

Just this second cracked a can of red stripe and put this on, been waiting **** ages to see this

image_zps03bdd192.jpg

Just this second cracked a can of red stripe and put this on, been waiting **** ages to see this

I'm not normally one for DVD extras but sat through all two hours of them last night. Worth a look for sure.

Ender's Game is released soon. I haven't read the book but I think there are many similarities with Starship Troopers.

The books aren't really that similar, though there are military academies and they're in space.

'Starship Troopers' is a tiny book, and (iirc) less than half of it made it to film, there's two other campaigns against two different alien races before the bugs. It's good though, and not a challenging read in the slightest.

'Ender's Game' is a great book, but I'll leave it at that. If it's any good It might mean a second trip to the cinema in 8 years.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if it's successful. The follow up is a very different story. Almost the opposite of the first really, not really Hollywood fayre at all.

It's being marketed as Harry Potter meets Star Wars so I might give it a miss and read the book instead.

What is the one film you've seen in the cinema in eight years?  :)

It's being marketed as Harry Potter meets Star Wars so I might give it a miss and read the book instead.

What is the one film you've seen in the cinema in eight years?  :)

just seen that clip ....harry potter meets star wars ............I think I will pass

Â