The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Captain America: The Winter Soldier first trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLWsK1ZFunA

I think the first Cap is the weakest of the MCU movies so far, but this looks pretty decent.

I think the first CA film I great, one of the best.

I think the first Cap is the weakest of the MCU movies so far, but this looks pretty decent.

I also really like the first Cap film. It's a proper Saturday afternoon boys own adventure. It's perhaps a little bit too much of an origin story (it takes a while to get going and snacks you over the head with reference to Cap being a noble guy too often) but it's really good fun and nails that WW2 adventure feel.

This one logs a lot more action orientated and a lot more like what Cap became in the comics- basically a spy who can handle himself in a fight. It's a bit of a shame that the film isn't going to hold many surprises though. On the plus side, they appear to have made Falcon into a non-shit character, which is a good effort.

Robert Redford's character -

doubt suggesting he's red skull would be called a wild guess, think he's going to try and turn cap against shield, that seed has already been sown in the avengers, is his character in the comics?

His character is in the comics, but he isn't the Red Skull. The character is quite different to the comics version however, in those he's a fairly young field agent who has regularly been Fury's right hand man. Fairly obvious that here he's played someone who is Fury's superior.

You can work out the plot in this fairly easily if you know the comics, unfortunately - it's certainly one, for example, I would be very careful looking up on Wiki, or even just googling, you can very easily stumble on what might be pretty enormous plot spoilers

Edited by Chindie

I also really like the first Cap film. It's a proper Saturday afternoon boys own adventure. It's perhaps a little bit too much of an origin story (it takes a while to get going and snacks you over the head with reference to Cap being a noble guy too often) but it's really good fun and nails that WW2 adventure feel.

This one logs a lot more action orientated and a lot more like what Cap became in the comics- basically a spy who can handle himself in a fight. It's a bit of a shame that the film isn't going to hold many surprises though. On the plus side, they appear to have made Falcon into a non-shit character, which is a good effort.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

You could - all you had to do was spell smacks and looks correctly ;)

I buckled and went to see captain Phillips

liked it, bit long and the middle dragged for me, but hanks is superb, especially at the end, the film and him will be nominated at every award ceremony going, don't think the film will win but there's every chance he'll clean up

I buckled and went to see captain Phillips

liked it, bit long and the middle dragged for me, but hanks is superb, especially at the end, the film and him will be nominated at every award ceremony going, don't think the film will win but there's every chance he'll clean up

I'll be pissed off if Hugh Jackman doesn't win it for Prisoners

Ok pissed off isn't really the word but you get the idea

Â