The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

You really couldn't pay me to watch that. The fact I'm having to avoid the first 2 Sky movie channels this week because it's constantly on them and I might hear part of a song is annoying enough. It's the only time I've been glad that Sky has that mandatory PIN entry before 8pm.

BOF, on 22 Oct 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

You really couldn't pay me to watch that. The fact I'm having to avoid the first 2 Sky movie channels this week because it's constantly on them and I might hear part of a song is annoying enough. It's the only time I've been glad that Sky has that mandatory PIN entry before 8pm.

Noflag.jpg

That too Tony :) Although I did watch Hugo the other night and that's set in Paris :o (but they speak English and it has sod all to do with being in France. It could've been Timbuktu for all it meant to the story).

coda, on 22 Oct 2013 - 2:16 PM, said:

So no La Haine or Amelie for you Francophobes?

not seen either of them   ... tbf though I did watch Mesrine part 1 and 2

Give Monsieur Hulot a try.

You have to watch Amelie :wub:

Tbf the French have made some fantastic movies.'Some of the best foreign movies you will ever see'.

Untouchable, la haine, a prophet, amelie.

All superb. French cinema over UK cinema for me with ease.

Other then trainspotting cant think of many must see UK movies. Does Slumdog millionare count??

BOF, on 22 Oct 2013 - 3:16 PM, said:

tonyh29, on 22 Oct 2013 - 2:51 PM, said:

You have to watch Amelie :wub:

Is this the film with the garden gnome  ? when I take my manky rabbit picture on my travels I usually hear a load of <<insert foreign language here>> with the word Amelie in it somewhere and a bit of giggling , followed by Japanese tourists also taking it's picture !!

Is this the film with the garden gnome  ? when I take my manky rabbit picture on my travels I usually hear a load of <<insert foreign language here>> with the word Amelie in it somewhere and a bit of giggling , followed by Japanese tourists also taking it's picture !!

I forgot about the gnome but yeah there is one alright.

Wife and I probably watching Olympus Has Fallen tonight... ^_^

Got relatively high hopes for a no-brainer, Sam Fisher-esque espionage/assault rip...

Olympus has fallen - Die Hard at the White House - 3 out of 10.

White House Down - Die Hard at the White House - 7 out of 10

Die Hard 9 out of 10

So damn true!

Guys, are there any decent horror films around? Also looking for sci fi, thrillers?

Are you looking for new horrors or old ones? if you are after a good new one (When I say 'good' I mean good by today's standards, mediocre at best when compared to the classics) the the conjuring was alright, watched it the other week, as I say by the standards set by today's horror it was one of the better ones

I watched man of steel earlier, though it was pretty good, especially the second half of the film, only thing is though you can only see a dude get thrown through so many buildings before it gets boring and starts to do your **** head in.

Watched most of the oldies, most of the new stuff is rubbish.

To whoever said Sunshine, seen it, not a fan.

I used to do a radio film review show down here, been out of the loop with films since it finished.

Â