The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Shit tits though... if The Reader is anything to go by. Much better in her Titanic days.

It took every ounce of my being not to capitalise the first 3 letters of that last film title.

I didn't like her in Titanic. In fact I've never liked her until very recently since she lost the weight. That's not saying I've anything generally against a bit of timber. It just didn't suit her.

Yep and I'm not quite sure why. I realise that Jackson is sayng it will include the appendices but I don't see what the necessity is for that. The Hobbit was fine without them and the story was light and fun. I really don't see the need to drag the story on so that it leads on to LOTR better. It seems pointless to me and I'm a big fan of The Hobbit.

I'm still worried about the tone of the whole thing too. Hopefully it will be lighter than LOTR as that's the way it should be...

Holy cow, I just watched an unbelievably awesome cop flick from Brazil-

"Elite Squad:The Enemy Within"

Best movie I've seen in a long time, check it out!!!

YESSSS!!!

Finally someone seen this movie!! Absolutely incredible!!! Have you seen them both?? I prefered the second to the 1st.

YESSSS!!!

Finally someone seen this movie!! Absolutely incredible!!! Have you seen them both?? I prefered the second to the 1st.

No, I didn't know there was a first, I'll have to watch it, what's the title?

Want to go see 'Ted' looks like it could be quite funny. Silly comedy..

I didn't really rate it to be honest, I was quite looking forward to it but the family guy jokes just dont translate into real life

having said that though I watched it by myself and I'm always better with comedies when there is someone watching it with me, I just kind of find it difficult to laugh at a film on my own even if I find it funny

the flash gordon bit was pretty good though

YESSSS!!!

No, I didn't know there was a first, I'll have to watch it, what's the title?

Tropa De Elite (Elite Squad) - worth checking out!

The Hobbit (and associated extensions and appendices) being stretched into 3 films is absurd, and a particularly crass endeavour in milking a franchise dry.

You could knock the Hobbit out as a perfectly workable film in 1 (admittedly fairly long) film. Seeking to please fans and rake in a bit more, I'm ok with it being 2 films. 3 it doesn't require. And there's simply not enough other stuff that you really need to tie in with LOTR to justify a third film. I can't even imagine how you chop it up, I can just about think of how you cut the Hobbit in 2 ending both films on a audience pleasing moment, but 3, even with added in nonsense... Nah.

Seeing Ted tonight.

Not really expecting much, but I'm taking a lady friend and she wanted to see it, so who am I to say no?!

Should be a bit of a laugh at least. My biggest worry is she has a very loud laugh, I could end up being quite embarassed.

Â