The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I must have watched a different Chronicle to you lot I thought it was great and I look forward to Tranks next film. Its much better than most of the cheesy multi million pound superhero movies that constantly get raved about.

Win Win...

what a brilliant film, superbly acted and the young boys performance always kept you on edge...

Giamatti is so incredibly watchable he makes acting seem effortless....

and Tom McCarthy has now directed 3 absolute gems in Win Win, The Station Agent and The Visitor...

he really is in the Alexander Payne mould of getting the balance between comedy and emotional wallop absolutely spot on...

watch all three in a row (they aren't that long)...it will be the quickest 4 and half hours of your life

For me Win Win was the weakest of the three, and even that was an 8/10 movie :)

Incredibly talented director.

Watched snow White

It's ok, some of it is way over done and there are some shite shouty scenes, plus I don't like Stewart which doesn't help, the special effects are pretty good, the dwarves are brilliant and theron is absolutely smoking for most of it

7/10 worth a watch

Just wayched Apollo 18. Crap movie, but I think I liked it anyway. :) I think the idea was fine, a new BWP but on the moon. Those kind of films are mostly crap, but still films I like. Guess I'm kind of weird sometimes. :)

Big fan of the Bourne movies and this is looking good.

Looks superb. Massive fan of the original Bourne trilogy as well and can't wait to see this.

I love the bourne films

I've watched a few movies on netflix recently, aka not new films, The Ice Harvest, War Inc, The Pest, 4 Single Fathers, Ordinary Decent Criminal. None mind blowing. But it passed sometime. Oh does Cusack love wearing black suits?!

Just watched Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again..

If the new Batman film is as good as those then it could be amongst The Godfather, LOTR and Star Wars as the greatest trilogy of all time.

Begins is still my favourite. It has the right look. TDK is a bit bloated and personally I don't think the whole hyper-realism thing adds anything. It's still a good film, and I'm sure the new one will have plenty to admire, but I do miss the darker, more gothic feel of Begins.

Too much daytime stuff is the problem.

watched safe house last night with Ryan Reynolds and Denziel Washington. In two minds about the film. the action was great and well thought out but the story line was a bit predictable and disappointing as it had the potential to be so much better. Plus the ending left alot to be desired and didn't really suit the films 'feel'.

One for Chindie :P The Great Gatsby coming out in December starring Carey Mulligan. I loved the book and this is a good cast so I'll be interested to see it. I can't help thinking di Caprio is too young to be Gatsby. I've never seen the original film and probably won't until I see this now.

I've never read the book, and it's got Luhrman all over it, and it's being shot in 3d for reasons known not to man, so... ugh... but it has Carey in it.

I'll see it. Sometime.

And have this look on my face every moment Carey is on screen

drooling-2.gif

I felt guilty when I was drooling over her in 'An Education'. Then in 'Shame' when she was singing I was blown away. Damn!

'The Great Gatsby' looks quite good, although I'm still not a fan of 3D. I've read the book aswell and also haven't seen the original film.

I've... appreciated... Carey since she appeared in that Dr. Who episode. I don't even watch Dr. Who, it's the only one I've seen. Excellent luck on my part, as I now look out for everything she's in, even if I don't get round to watching it soon enough.

I loved her in 'An Education', but I really, really like her in Drive. She doesn't even do much. But... she's there damnit and she's hot. Crawl through fire levels for me.

Batman Begins is my favourite of the lot, tends to be the way with most of these films, except Spiderman, where number 2 was the best.

Generally I think it's due to the more singular focus on the backstory / characterisation and transformation into the eponymous hero du choix.

But got an itch to go back and watch the Michael Keaton ones now, I enjoyed those, the first one in particular is still a good film.

Â