The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Iron Sky last night.

Completely bonkers film, quite enjoyed it.

Couple of things to note:

The blonde German girl in it is very hot.

The effects are pretty decent for what I believe was only a small budget.

It's actually very funny in places, there's a dig at north Korea at one point where I actually laughed out loud.

Just watch it!

Battleship has overtaken John Carter as the 'worst ever US opening box office flop compared to the size of its budget'. Thank god I didn't have to pay to see it. Horrific movie

Watched Iron Sky last night.

Completely bonkers film, quite enjoyed it.

Couple of things to note:

The blonde German girl in it is very hot.

The effects are pretty decent for what I believe was only a small budget.

It's actually very funny in places, there's a dig at north Korea at one point where I actually laughed out loud.

Just watch it!

Yeah, stupidest film i've ever seen. Entertaining though.

Birdman-Of-Alcatraz1.jpg

Watched this again the other night. Hadn't seen it for about 20 years and I have to say it hasn't lost any of it's power over time.

An absolute classic imo. Great scene after great scene, beautifully shot (title sequence is so simple and understated yet incredibly effective).

Up there with Frankenheimer's best work and a must for anyone who hasn't seen it. :thumb:

You mean to say there were heterosexual Power Rangers?

I watched the first of the movies from that list I posted the otehr week - Point Break. Fantastic! So wonderfully 90s. The dialogue was a particular highlight - funny/stupid/witty all rolled into one. I guess you'd sum it up as cheesy, or at least it seems that way now. Both Reeves and Swayze were great in it, and Swayze's hair was just incredible. I figure this was sandwiched between the Bill & Ted movies for Keanu, and although its a much different role, he does slip in to 'Ted mode' every now and again (not entirely out of place as it is a (kind of) surfer movie), which was nice to see :D I also didn't realise it was directed by Kathryn Bigelow, with then husband James Cameron producing. Better than Hurt Locker tqbh

Big fan of the Bourne movies and this is looking good.

Looks superb. Massive fan of the original Bourne trilogy as well and can't wait to see this.

Â