The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Actually, I just checked properly, and (as is obvious from previous posts in this thread) I do have Psycho and The Birds. Oh, and The Thing (but mine is the 50s version).

I've seen a few of the others (e.g. the Alien movies, 30 Days of Night, Let the Right One In), but don't feel the need to own them.

Generally speaking the horror genre doesn't really interest me.

EDIT: Or anything franchised (if it has II, III, IV, etc. after the title, I usually avoid it).

I own hardly any of Leemond's list.

The Alien films and Let the Right One In. That's about it.

Horror doesn't really do it for me. Unless it's really good, I just find them un scary and quite funny to be honest.

there is just something about horror films I find really easy to watch, 95% of it is not scary or disturbing but by watching them it satisfies me enought to keep me from going out and killing kittens and stuff like that

and I dont just exclusively watch horror films my DVD collection is pretty varied

Went to see 'In Time' after work. I thought it was alright for a popcorn flick, yet it could have been so much more. Good idea poorly executed in my opinion, which seems to be the general consensus.

Watched tin tin, really enjoyed it, I'd say somewhere between me thinking some of the chase scenes were ott and the kids behind me not understanding haddock they didn't quite get the mix as good as the likes of toy story but still can't wait for the next one

best thing for me is despite it having senior speilbergo all over it there is so much British talent on show, not than many of the actors need it but the writers will hopefully do really well in Hollywood out of it, voices were superb I knew it was him but Daniel craig didn't sound like himself at any point

OT shame they went with a kiddy platformer for the game, should have gone down the broken sword route IMO

We need to talk about Kevin

puts you off ever wanting to have kids and i don't know how Tilda Swinton kept herself from slapping her son silly but it is a very gripping film

tempted to read the book its based on now

however despite being a good actress i find it very uncomfortable watching Swinton, i cant put my finger on it, i think its her pointy features and general moodiness...for some reason ive decided shes a bitch in real life..and after reading an interview with her in last months Empire she comes across extremely irritating

i loved this film and really liked Julia so maybe i do like her and don't know it but there is something about her that grates on me

Â