The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 09/08/2020 at 05:20, sheepyvillian said:

Apparently, he demands that the actors stick to the script verbatim. Undoubtedly, a great talent, but boy, what an ego. 

He's definitely egotistical and to some extent that's what makes him great. 

He's so self absorbed, confident, you might even say arrogant that he invests the time and energy in himself and his work so that he himself knows he's producing entertainment.

If I'm honest if I had written a script and I thought it was worth people's time, the way I had written it, I would also be inclined to have my actors (who are paid well) follow it.

Was quite bored this evening so got predator 3D out again. Quite possibly the greatest film ever made, God I would’ve loved to have been in that jungle firing indiscriminately for a couple of minutes like they were, this is possibly the best scene in the film ever. I also like the part where they ask Billy why is he scared because he’s not scared of any man and he replies it ain’t no man and were all going to die , 

Looking good Dutch.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Was quite bored this evening so got predator 3D out again. Quite possibly the greatest film ever made, God I would’ve loved to have been in that jungle firing indiscriminately for a couple of minutes like they were, this is possibly the best scene in the film ever. I also like the part where they ask Billy why is he scared because he’s not scared of any man and he replies it ain’t no man and were all going to die , 

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

• Like 2

13 hours ago, A'Villan said:

He's definitely egotistical and to some extent that's what makes him great. 

He's so self absorbed, confident, you might even say arrogant that he invests the time and energy in himself and his work so that he himself knows he's producing entertainment.

If I'm honest if I had written a script and I thought it was worth people's time, the way I had written it, I would also be inclined to have my actors (who are paid well) follow it.

No doubt. Some of the dialogue he has written for the characters is a thing of genius. I'm thinking of the lines from Walken in True Romance, for instance : " If you ever happen to find me in a vendetta kind of mood, then you remember to tell the angels in Heaven, that you never seen evil so singularly personified as on the face of the man that killed you". I mean, that is just unreal,  and only Walken himself could have delivered them lines with such brilliance. With Tarintino, it's always Character driven rather than plot driven.

Just constructing this post gives me the urge to go and watch True Romance, which for me, in terms of the script, is a masterpiece. 

• Like 1

<pedant> You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you </pedant>

Amazing scene 😃

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Brilliant flim, John McTiernan was the king of the era for me.

Loved the Bill Duke scene, looking up at the moon saying I'm gonna cut your name into him, brilliant https://youtu.be/yBwP4yb9jAw

29 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

<pedant> You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you </pedant>

Amazing scene 😃

Considering I didn't look it up, I wasn't that far out. 

Maybe, the best single scene ever. Let's not forget the scillian line from Hopper, where he makes that " Chesterfield" look like the best cigarette ever. " Cuz you, my friend, are part antelope". I'm definitely watching True Romance, sometime today. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant flim, John McTiernan was the king of the era for me.

Loved the Bill Duke scene, looking up at the moon saying I'm gonna cut your name into him, brilliant https://youtu.be/yBwP4yb9jAw

I remember the first time I watched it, alone. Scared the living daylights out of me, and I was in my twenties then. 

A lot of people think the predator thing is kind of what's responsible for all the missing people in the 411 mystery. Experienced hunters who are carrying heavy equipment, such as, crossbows, rifles and large knives are going missing and their is no trace of the hunter or any of his equipment. That is freaky. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I may have to watch it again tonight now🤣🤣

One of my favourites from that era and always watchable.  Nothing flashy about it, just good tension.  

sci-fi film GIF

“oh ok, you got time to duck?” 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Predator is a great film but I read Predator 3D. Are people still watching 3D films?

In all fairness I’ve had the disk for about 12 years 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

nZGUeE3.gif

• Like 1

Â