The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally got round to Bond last night.
Pish.

I’m nostalgically a fan of the franchise but with one notable exception, the recent DC episodes have felt more about the set pieces than the story. I will probably have forgotten how much I disliked it by the time the next one comes out and get back on the merry go round again though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Letter+from+an+Unknown+Woman.gif

Letter From an Unknown Woman - I liked this a great deal, great cinematography, set designs, performances from the cast, musical accompaniment, and sound design in general.

Fontaine is, as in most of her performances, superb, a fine actress with great screen presence. Great film 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Not sure if you've seen it but I recommend Jackie by the same director. Very good movie imo and Portman is great.

spacer.png

I’ve had this on the shelf for about five years. No idea why I’d never got round to it but I’ve just watched it now. I always expected I’d love it (mostly due to Aronofsky’s involvement) but it really is beautiful. Will be watching it again soon.

• Like 1

Just back from watching this:

spacer.png

I have zero interest in tennis, and I'm not a big fan of Will Smith however after reading all the positive reviews I thought I'd make the trip to see it.

Really glad I did, it's a very good movie indeed. Best performance I've ever seen from W.Smith and a really interesting story.

Edited by Designer1

On 20/11/2021 at 10:24, choffer said:

Finally got round to Bond last night.
Pish.

I’m nostalgically a fan of the franchise but with one notable exception, the recent DC episodes have felt more about the set pieces than the story. I will probably have forgotten how much I disliked it by the time the next one comes out and get back on the merry go round again though. 

I just watched it.  It was more like the kind of Bond film I like with the Aston Martin having some gizmos, a bit in the Caribbean and Ana de Armas being hot as fire.  I've generally felt Daniel Craig has been a better Bond than the films he has been in, some of which have been shit.  Good luck to whoever follows it though.  I guess you have to think of the Craig films as their own little franchise.  Didn't think much of the villain.  7/10, probably go down to 6/10 or lower on a rewatch.

Watched Red Notice at the weekend and it was dumb but fun. I get why people wouldn't like it but I really liked it myself 7/10. Also watched Last Night in Soho which I heard good things about but I was kinda disappointed although I didn't think it was a bad film 6.5/10

20 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Watched Red Notice at the weekend and it was dumb but fun. I get why people wouldn't like it but I really liked it myself 7/10. 

Same here. 

Although I'd knock half a point off for having that ginger freak Shee Ran in it near the end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Oh god yeh that was awful! I'd forgotten about that

Funny thing about that, as he appeared I said to the wife "it's that ginger word removed again...FFS remember they even shoehorned him into Game of Thrones".

Five seconds later in the movie he says"Do you know who I am? I was in Game Of Thrones"!! :)

• Haha 1

Â