The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I liked Pacific Rim for what it was. Burned a couple of hours on a flight to Thailand. Robots fight Monsters and they don't waste time with much else. The fight scenes were done well, they were entertaining. It never tried to waste your time buying into any story beyond a paper thin one. 

• Like 1

Have to say i watched Last Vegas at some point in the last week and i quite enjoyed it.

Yes everyone is phoning it in (I'm looking at you de niro!) but it was quite a sweet tale of some old timers having their last hurrah and it wasn't as cynical as i would have expected.

6.5/10

Not quite sure when? Heavy substance usage? Hope you're never a witness to an accident! ;)  :P

Haha - nah i watch a lot of films and its been a long week at work.

That and my long running smack addiction of course.

Edited by AVFCDAN

At least Jurassic Park looks completely different from the others....oh no wait, its exactly the same!

Over 10 years and this is the best they could come up with....please!

I'm impressed you've managed to see it being as it's not out for 7 months.

Most of us have only seen the short sub-90 second trailer

Thanks for teaching me todays lesson!

150613_512x288_generated.jpg

(However it could be argued that as the trailer is supposed to sell the film Id say it is a fair representation of what it will be like.)

Robocop (2014) - I quite liked it, despite being a fan of the original. It's not going to win any awards but its a decent action flick and there are worse ways to spend a couple of hours.

Only God Forgives (2013) - What a load of tripe! How I managed to sit through it I'll never know! Only 90 mins long but that could have been cut to 45 mins if they just got rid of the long wistful stares into the distance after every scene. Garbage. 

Been a bit skint since forking out for a new boiler. Watched a couple of films.

'Dead Man's Shoes', really enjoyed it. It seems to be legitimately hosted on Youtube now.

'Guardians Of The Galaxy' - Marvel listened to fans and made the 'Farscape' movie. It's better than the usual Marvel pap for it.

Edited by Xann

Er, just seen a French film called A Town Called Panic. It's stop motion insanity, the same company who did the Cravendale Milk adverts I think, and funny, bizarre and makes no sense at all, but I recommend it as something surreal and different. It's only 75 minutes so ends before the style grates too much ( which I think it was on the verge of doing so if it had gone on much longer ) 

• Like 1

Captain America: The First Avenger - Now, i'm not the biggest fan of superhero movies anyway but I thought i would give it a go. It was just... meh! A bit average. He's hardly the most inspiring superhero anyway. Its not a bad film, it just didn't grab me at all

Grudge Match - This has had shit reviews but I quite liked it. Harmless fun! Stallone plays his usual role and De Niro phones in his performance (as per usual nowadays) but it's enjoyable and made me laugh in a few places. Plus Kim Basinger is still in decent nick considering she's 60! 

Â