The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

David Silva signing for Real Sociedad is muppet level, what a replacement for Odegaard.

In last 12 months they've signed Odegaard, Nacho Monreal, Isak, Portu and now David Silva. Get in the europa and have the Copa del rey final pending v Bilbao.

Wish we could do a transfer year like that one day.

Great signing for them. 

11 hours ago, omariqy said:

Lazio used to be my team growing up until i realised they are a bunch of Nazis. Nice to see them pissed off.

Similar here. In the days of Gazzetta I always rooted form them, even though I'm not sure why.

Obviously find them impossible to like these days!

8 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Similar here. In the days of Gazzetta I always rooted form them, even though I'm not sure why.

Obviously find them impossible to like these days!

Was similar for me, they played good football and were near the top without winning. I used to love Signori

I think both Roman clubs are despicable fans though i still admire the football 

46 minutes ago, sne said:

I thought he'd be smart enough to wait a season or two but guess not. I imagine he'll get a pretty sweet contract to come in and be the new fall guy.

Was his only chance, will be an election next summer and Xavi as manager is on the favourites ticket

Messi, Suarez, Rakitic, Vidal and Rafinha all sitting on contracts the expire next summer. Sure Barca would be delighted to cash in on all of them except for Messi rather than lose them for nothing but the wages makes it almost impossible now due to Covid-19 crashing the football economy. 

They sure have a lot of 30+ player on massive wages who are not performing anymore. Jordi Alba has a contract until 2024 :)

And there it is, as expected Henrik Larsson has been appointed assistant manager to Ronald Koeman at Barca. 

Brace yourselves for unlimited Barcelona w*****g in Swedish media, again.

Messi will have to slash his wage demands to around £20m a year basic in order to find someone to sign him :lol: 

Imagine that conversation with the wife. I know, I know it’s a lot less than I’m on but £20m is still good money, we’re going to be ok. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Messi can go for free in a few months so its in Barcelona's interest to cash in and while they still can and dramtaically cut their wage bill. Man City or PSG would be favourites to sign him. 

I really can't see city signing him 

They have a structure in place that he will smash, how do you pay de Bruyne £280k a week and messi £600-700k?

City obviously spend a lot of money but not necessarily in the fashion that people suggest, not like psg do that's for sure 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They have a structure in place that he will smash, how do you pay de Bruyne £280k a week and messi £600-700k?

Messi could well be the greatest footballer of all time. I don’t think the other players will kick up a fuss tbh. He’s a special player for a special price. 
Could you imagine how many £110 shirts they’d sell with Messi on the back???

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But Stoke aren't in the Premier League any more.

Who are the new Stoke? Stoke kind of replaced Bolton in that phrase. Theres no Fat Sam or Pulis team there anymore. 

Â