The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

On 06/02/2020 at 20:30, villalad21 said:

You think we could have gotten Isak?

Why would he choose Villa? Probably had a ton of decent offers in the summer.

He cost La Real 15m less than what we signed Wesley for!

I believe though Dortmund do have a buy back on him.

On 12/02/2020 at 18:29, Zatman said:

Barcelona have asked La Liga for special permission to sign a striker because they have injuries

Surely the purpose of a 25 man squad + youngsters is so that you build a squad to deal with this...

I appreciate a goalkeeper is a very different thing, but striker?

its a rule in the league so they can, they also have the larger problem that they have a shit squad anyway, 25 man squad and wiki currently has them as having registered 20 players, 3 of them are youngsters

whether or not they will is another thing, they wont find a decent priced striker now, linked with willian jose, them fixing the problem with a fairly average player for around £20m more than he's actually worth would sum barca up

Edited by villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its a rule in the league so they can, they also have the larger problem that they have a shit squad anyway, 25 man squad and wiki currently has them as having registered 20 players, 3 of them are youngsters

whether or not they will is another thing, they wont find a decent priced striker now, linked with willian jose, them fixing the problem with a fairly average player for around £20m more than he's actually worth would sum barca up

And they still have the highest wage bill in world football. Or at least they had last season.

If true this would be pretty bad even by Barcelona standards. 

Barça hired a company to clean Bartomeu's image and harm players, former players and opponents

Barcelona has hired a company, I3 Ventures, to create statements of opinion through social networks. The objective is to protect the reputation of Josep Maria Bartomeu and clean his image and that of the entire Board and damage, instead, that of former players, footballers and opponents of the Directive, as revealed by the Què t'hi jugues program .

The company hired by the culé entity manages up to almost a hundred Twitter and Facebook accounts where characters such as Messi, Antonela, Piqué, Guardiola, Xavi, Puyol, Laporta, Benedito, Jaume Roures, Víctor Font or Puigdemont and Junqueras have been attacked .

In these accounts, for example, they attack Messi for his delay in renewing, Piqué for his business with the Davis Cup and players in general accusing them of being well-off.

The beginning of these accounts is 2017 and the comments are varied, both in people and in the attacks they make. The goal is to preserve Bartomeu's reputation . 

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2020/02/17/5e4a7be422601d04228b45ff.html

On 18/02/2020 at 07:01, villa4europe said:

So it looks like barca who have an injured player will sign Martin Braithwaite from leganes

Leganes are not allowed to sign a replacement and will probably be relegated as a result 

Stupid rule 

It's a stupid rule, but why are Leganes selling?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a stupid rule, but why are Leganes selling?

Every La Liga player has a release clause. They have to sell if it's triggered.

Obviously Braithwaite doesn't have to agree to the move but I imagine most players in his situation will.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Every La Liga player has a release clause. They have to sell if it's triggered.

Obviously Braithwaite doesn't have to agree to the move but I imagine most players in his situation will.

Ah I didn't realise they'd triggered his release clause, that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

4 and a half year deal, dont know the wages

He'll be on loan somewhere next season 

Hope he and his agent took them to the cleaners. 4.5 year contract :crylaugh:

All before a massive relegation six pointer against Celta Vigo on Saturday. Got to feel for Leganes. Unnecessary from Barcelona, they have so many forward thinking options, they surely could have coped ffs. How thats allowed is ridiculous, especially the not allowing Leganes to replace him bit. Ah well, he looks like Chris Brown on crack anyway

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

All before a massive relegation six pointer against Celta Vigo on Saturday. Got to feel for Leganes. Unnecessary from Barcelona, they have so many forward thinking options, they surely could have coped ffs. How thats allowed is ridiculous, especially the not allowing Leganes to replace him bit. Ah well, he looks like Chris Brown on crack anyway

And Barca loaned out 2 young attackers in January.

The big 2 in that league get away with anything and everything.

Barca and Leganes face each other on March 22nd. Should be fun.

Can't really fault the player for moving to Barca, who wouldn't in his situation but I'd be worried to play in that game if I was him. Likely to get his legs snapped.

Probably not feature much anyway but still.

Completely unfair on Leganes.

Essentially Barca have paid them to have their lack of forward options with the added Brucey Bonus of not being allowed to get a replacement themselves. 

this special treatment by la liga towards the bigger clubs is more corrupt behaviour by footballing authorities.

this will set a precedent now and the transfer window could become a thing of the past. 

Ligue 1 had this rule for years where the clubs were allowed to sign 1 player from a domestic club after the transfer window had closed.

But I'm pretty sure it involved both clubs agreeing on the deal and release clauses are not compulsory in Ligue !.

Â