The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If he was coming to prem it would be Man. City.

Maybe Man United as an outside bet, I’m sure they have the money and they could probably make more off him marketing their fan base around the world.

I could be wrong but seem to remember they made a stupid amount off shirt sales with Ibrahimovic on the back. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

PSG surely the obvious bet here. Still need to win CL so that would add to his legacy (winning CL at two different clubs like Ronaldo), they can give Neymar back to Barca as a sweetner and he can play at 50% in french league (or even not play much at all) and save himself physically for CL matches and Argentina.

If he was coming to prem it would be Man. City.

PSG would probably be dependant on how much Messi cares about the standard of football he's playing. Sure they were runners up in Champs League but the French league is not a major European league in most people's eyes.

If he only cares about money then I'd say it's a good bet

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably just to get a new contract... but praying he comes to the Prem. Would love to see him here before he retires

It would be just our luck that he joins in the year when fans can’t get into stadiums and we can’t watch him 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

PSG would probably be dependant on how much Messi cares about the standard of football he's playing. Sure they were runners up in Champs League but the French league is not a major European league in most people's eyes.

If he only cares about money then I'd say it's a good bet

He's desperate to win something with Argentina. Can't see them doing much at 2022 world cup but they're co-hosting Copa America next summer and think they'll be another copa in 2023 so those are his final two chances.

In 2014 world cup he actually played in the tournament partly injured from long taxing season in La Liga so I do actually think coming up to his mid 30s he won't mind playing in a league where he can save energy in many league games.

Not convinced he'll come to premier league if PSG have serious interest unless he really wants to play for Guardiola again.

for me its funny the media treatment of Messi, if Ronaldo or Neymar was acting this way they would be labelled divas. Messi has done similar dark contract tricks before and never been called out

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's gonna be sad seeing one of the GOATs rock up for a club like Manchester City while they're still good.

I will be the total opposite of sad to be quite honest. I'll be **** ecstatic

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I will be the total opposite of sad to be quite honest. I'll be **** ecstatic

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him in the PL. It'd be bedlam. Messi rocking up to Villa Park? Incredible. The banter would be out of this world too. Just being at City would dampen that just a bit. Same with Chelsea.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him in the PL. It'd be bedlam. Messi rocking up to Villa Park? Incredible. The banter would be out of this world too. Just being at City would dampen that just a bit. Same with Chelsea.

I think clubs like Man City are the only way the Premier League is going to get a player like Messi at this stage in his career.

No Man City, no Messi. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think clubs like Man City are the only way the Premier League is going to get a player like Messi at this stage in his career.

No Man City, no Messi. 

Yup. It sucks, but I'll definitely take it. Messi and De Bruyne in the same team. I don't think my body is quite yet ready for that.

The BBC gossip column have quoted the times suggesting Messi is currently on £90m a year! Just the £1.7m a week. 

It does make me laugh how these players show so much loyalty to clubs that pay them more than anyone else.

It’s Sportsbible so probably BS

Lionel Messi has reportedly agreed personal terms with Manchester City, just days after Barcelona's captain asked to leave the club. 

After nearly two decades at the Camp Nou, the 33-year-old told Barca officials on Tuesday night that he no longer sees his future with the Catalan giants. 

Reports soon emerged that Messi was 'set on playing for Manchester City' as rumours continued to swirl surrounding his future, but now it appears the Premier League side have made their move.

Link

Edited by Genie

Â