The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

This summer will say a lot about bale, he's finished at Madrid, needs to leave, they want him to leave, they will accept a cut price offer, he has millions in the bank...he can choose money or football

Think he will price himself out of the rest of his career

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This summer will say a lot about bale, he's finished at Madrid, needs to leave, they want him to leave, they will accept a cut price offer, he has millions in the bank...he can choose money or football

Think he will price himself out of the rest of his career

Interesting where he goes, United is probably the only top 6 team he could join and have a guaranteed starting spot. Cant see many other top European clubs interested 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's not good enough for United, which says a lot. 

He’s comfortably good enough for United. Would instantly be their best player by some distance. 

• Like 1

Thought it was really poor from Zidane to name him on the bench and then not bring him on. If he wasn't going to do it then at least leave him out of the squad like last few games.

I think he'll leave Madrid on a loan deal, similar to what they did with James Rodriguez who left on a two year deal to Bayern Munich. He is back now but won't have long left on his deal so easily sellable.

Actually Munich might be a decent choice as they're letting go for Ribery and Robben so room for another wide player in their squad.

Bale is more than good enough for Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and probably Chelsea. Obviously latter not happening due to the ban. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Bale is more than good enough for Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and probably Chelsea. Obviously latter not happening due to the ban. 

With him it's about fitness and value for money rather than ability.  Out of those I reckon a loan back to Spurs would be the best fit, as I can't really see anyone wanting to buy him outright.

I'm sure Bale would take a pay-cut just to get back playing in the Premier League.  Hes's plenty good enough for any top English side. it just hasn't worked out at Real the way he wanted,. He still has had his moments though like the champions league final against Liverpool

The problem is if the rumoured £600k a week is true then I still don't think anyone in the world would touch him on a 50% pay cut

like I said big money or football decision coming up for him

also think the criticism zidane has got is a little bit unfair, the only chance Madrid have of shifting him is to piss him off, nothing else will work, they have been blatantly clear where their stance is, he's finished there

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2019 at 15:52, bobzy said:

He’s comfortably good enough for United. Would instantly be their best player by some distance. 

Yeah this.

Granted I don't watch Bale play that much these days. But unless he has drastically deteriorated over the past couple of seasons then he's easily good enough for Man Utd.

I'd even be tempted to say he's TOO good for the current Man Utd.

says hes staying and will see out his contract

choosing money over football then, before the inevitable comparisons to me doing it too I haven't earned 600k a week for the last 3 years, with his other deals and bonuses he must have raked in around 100m during his time in spain, last chance to go do something somewhere else (which I agree probably too good for utd, go join someone who will do something)

think his age, wages and fee mean he's just not a good package for any of europes big boys, no one will want him

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

says hes staying and will see out his contract

choosing money over football then, before the inevitable comparisons to me doing it too I haven't earned 600k a week for the last 3 years, with his other deals and bonuses he must have raked in around 100m during his time in spain, last chance to go do something somewhere else (which I agree probably too good for utd, go join someone who will do something)

think his age, wages and fee mean he's just not a good package for any of europes big boys, no one will want him

So ridiculously easy to attribute such decisions as "choosing money over football" and you've given the reason why this probably isn't the case here in your last line.

He's not particularly wanted at Real Madrid and isn't particularly happy there (from reports only) but is earning crazy money.  However, Real Madrid are asking for crazy money for anyone to sign him.  He's basically putting the ball in their court - he's not going to sulk his way out of the club so if they want rid of him, they'll have to do it publicly and for a reduced fee, allowing another club to pick up his wages.  Makes sense really.

• Like 1

Â