The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

ITV looking to do a deal to get La Liga games on the box this season. They’ve got August signed up, Bilbao vs Barcelona tonight (ITV4 8pm) then another Barca and a Real Madrid game.  They are hoping to sign a deal for the rest of the year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While Hazard is obviously an amazing footballer I think Real will come to regret not spending the money on Joao Felix instead.

Possibly even this season but definitely in the long run.

Getting him this season and then putting all their money on getting M'Bappé next season and they would have been set for the next decade.

Was an awful game (I find Barca games pretty boring generally). Bilbao were very happy with 0-0 until the wonder goal. Barca style is so Messi dependant it's staggering. What I couldn't understand was Greizmann just being stationed on the left. Suarez declined last few years so really he should start getting phased out of starting 11 and Griez goes to central role with Messi floating behind him which could well happen with Coutinho being moved on.

On 17/08/2019 at 07:27, sne said:

That's some goal by 38 y.o Aduriz 👌😀

Just to be on the pitch in the top tier at 38 is an achievement.. Then he goes and does that! Against the defending champions!

Cheeky bugger!

• 2 months later...

Aitor Fernández: Levante keeper to play after being excused from election duty

Levante goalkeeper Aitor Fernández has been cleared to play in Sunday's game at Athletic Bilbao after being excused from working at a polling station in Spain's general election.

Fernández had been named on a reserve list to attend the polling station on the day of the match in his hometown of Mondragon.

Levante had an initial appeal rejected by the local electoral commission.

But on Saturday the club announced he would play, tweeting: "Good news."

They added: "The Electoral Board has excused Aitor Fernández of being a table substitute in Mondragon. We'll see you at San Mames."

Mondragon, in the Basque Country, is just under an hour's drive from Athletic's San Mames stadium, with the game at 13:00 GMT.

Fernández had previously said: "I just want to know what's going on. I'm fully focused on the game and I'm certain I'll be playing in it.

"If need be I can sleep at home, go down to the station and then get myself to San Mames by car."

All Spaniards on the electoral register can be called up to work at polling stations and are paid 65 euros (£56), needing mitigating circumstances to be excused.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50346235

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Genie said:

...and that's just Sergio Ramos

Yeah, the on field shenanigans is what usually prompts me to shut off the TV halfway into these games.

Insufferable little petulant children.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, the on field shenanigans is what usually prompts me to shut off the TV halfway into these games.

Busquets, Ramos, Suarez, Marcelo probably missing another classy player or 2

Ramos still pisses off Liverpool fans so gets a temporary thumbs up from me

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Never could stand Jordi Alba.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

I agree. More than once I'd sat down ready expecting some really top end football in this fixture and been left raging at how they spoil it with the constant diving, appealing, complaining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

You're missing Mr. Real Classy, Pepe!

It was between him and Busquets for most insufferable feigning of facial injuries.

Quality game for El Classico so far.

Real asking a lot of questions of Barcelona and were the better team first half.

So much talent combined with refined skill on display, it's a masterclass, makes me realise how far we have to go under Smith.

Â