The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

relegation battle looking tasty tonight, be sad to see Getafe go down as have hung on in top flight for nearly 10 years now

Come on Rayo.....

Going to need favours....think Gijon will beat Villareal personally. 

Ronaldo has scored 50+ goals in his last 6 seasons

Overall he has scored 364 in 347 games for Real.

Staggering 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Staggering 

put as comparison, Villa have scored 280 goals over that time period

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Staggering 

yes better ratio of goals per game than Messi but probably not as much a team player.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Staggering 

I can't remember the exact stat, and it would have changed by now, but it's something like if Ronaldo played EVERY Real Madrid game for the next 10 years, and didn't score a single goal, he'd STILL have a better goals to game ratio than Raul.

Edited by Stevo985

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't remember the exact stat, and it would have changed by now, but it's something like if Ronaldo played EVERY Real Madrid game for the next 10 years, and didn't score a single goal, he'd STILL have a better goals to game ratio than Raul.

Puskas runs him close but has a better international record.

Edited by PaulC

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

yes better ratio of goals per game than Messi but probably not as much a team player.

I think Ronaldo is more important to Real than Messi is to Barca. 

I don't know how Real can ever replace him. He's 31 now so he will start to fade soon, you would think, although he does look after himself

21 hours ago, villaglint said:

But just the one league title to show for it...

And two copa del reys, a Spanish super cup, a european super cup, a world club championship, a champions league (maybe two) and a shit load of personal awards I can't be arsed to write down including two ballon d'ors. The boy is hardly struggling for winners medals and awards over the last 7 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's gutted they lost, think it's no more than that and would be surprised if he walked.

I'm not even sure we'll see him in the prem, think he really wants to manage Inter Milan as his next job. Would be similar to Atletico, underachieving club he played for who he could restore to glory in Seria A and champions league.

Then there's always the Argentina job if it comes up in the next year or two.....

Â