The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Brilliant :)

040815-soccer-Suarez-Messi-pi-mp.vresize

BARCELONA strike team Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez completed their humiliation of Celta Vigo’s Sergio Álvarez after yesterday’s La Liga clash by following the goalkeeper into the parking lot and giving him a wedgie in front of his wife and kids.

Not content with making the 29-year-old look like enough of an idiot, they then spent 30 minutes making Álvarez slap himself with his own hand, while asking “why are you hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself?”

The incident occurred directly after Barcelona’s 6-1 thrashing of Celta Vigo, during which Messi and Suarez got together to make Álvarez look like a ‘complete prick’ with an outrageous penalty combination.

After lining himself up to take the penalty, Messi instead feinted to the side and passed the ball to a charging Suarez who buried it in the net, as Álvarez wondered what he had done to make these Barcelona boys want to humiliate him so much.

“My f*ckin’ parents were in the crowd,” sobbed Álvarez, picking up his kit from the ground after Messi and Suarez emptied his bag out.

“I just don’t understand why they’d want to make me look so foolish. They’re just bullies, is what they are. They’re cool and popular and good at football and they just want to take people like me and make us look like idiots so they can show off. I’m telling on them!”

Messi and Suarez were unavailable for comment, as they were mitching from training and smoking behind the sheds.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

They are mates off the pitch so they are just living the dream and doing things like kids would in the playground.   It's a joy to watch at times.  They put the hard work in and win the game before they then try and entertain the fans. It's fun for those 3 players and you can see that in their play.   It can only happen as they all get on.  

Henry and Pires for Le Arse tried it but failed, again mates off the pitch.  They just looked like dicks because they messed it up. 

I can't wait till one of either Messi/Neymar/Suarez go round the keeper stop the ball on the line gets on their knees and heads it over the line that would be pure schoolboy stuff!

I just can't remember a better front 3 ever. For me the best 3 players in the world right now. IThe English media will build up Arsenal's chances but barring a miracle they will be taken apart over both legs.

Edited by PaulC

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I just can't remember a better front 3 ever. For me the best 3 players in the world right now. IThe English media will build up Arsenal's chances but barring a miracle they will be taken apart over both legs.

Did Heskey and Harewood play together?   I can't remember off the top of my head.  Them plus A.N.Other would be a close second.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Did Heskey and Harewood play together?   I can't remember off the top of my head.  Them plus A.N.Other would be a close second.

sadly they didnt but im sure Harewood played with Carlton Cole before ;)

So yeah Neville wins again.....

They were pretty good for first hour today, deservedly went into the lead and as soon as they did that retreated into their shell.

I'd probably sum up the last few weeks is they're now getting the luck that probably evaded Neville in his first 6-7 games, for example at 0-1 today Granada missed two sitters in the 6 yard box.

Can't help feeling they'll be ripped again again when they face Barca, Sevilla, Villareal and the Madrid clubs. Now is all about getting enough points on the board to be well clear of relegation danger.

Didn't see it all but they got lucky from what I saw with some woeful finishing from the opposition. Good result for Villareal at Atletico, I think if they still had Vietto they would have won that. With a goal scorer they would be above Real Madrid who looked very poor today. The title is already won isn't it!

Edited by PaulC

Been a really good game, Sevilla have pushed Barca harder than Arsenal imo (for those that think La Liga is a walkover all bar 4 games). 

Not even the strongest Sevilla side either, no Llorente, Banega, Krychowiak either and Konoplyanka only on bench.

What can you say about Messi though, he's just a living work of art on that football pitch. 

Â