The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Simeone is going to start thinking about his Atleti future. Kind of surprising considering that there is no real "big" European jobs open currently.

*cough* Aston Villa *cough*

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

For a 'top' player Griezmann put in one of the worst performances by 'top' player on a big occasion that I've ever seen. Ronaldo France 98 level but Ronaldo at least had a legit. excuse.

was a shitty game though, was Ronaldo that much better for example last night. still think Simeone is a top manager but he does limit his flair players

• Like 1

Monchi is leaving Sevilla and allegedly coming to Premier League. the man is an absolute genius that I be afraid what he could do if given money

Sevilla biggest asset by far

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Could the Premier League potentially bring in some kind of home grown rule of sorts now? I could be wrong, but wasn't us being part of the EU the issue because of free movement? 

think it would be a horrible business move to limit number of foreigners playing in England

13 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Could the Premier League potentially bring in some kind of home grown rule of sorts now? I could be wrong, but wasn't us being part of the EU the issue because of free movement? 

xela's bowel movements are for the off topic thread.:P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

think it would be a horrible business move to limit number of foreigners playing in England

That's what I thought too. But I'd like to see something like 3 British players in the first XI. I think 15 foreign born players in a matchday squad isn't limiting things too much, but would still be a bit beneficial to the England team.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

That's what I thought too. But I'd like to see something like 3 British players in the first XI. I think 15 foreign born players in a matchday squad isn't limiting things too much, but would still be a bit beneficial to the England team.

got no more likes but with you 100%

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

You can't possibly fail in that job.

unlike say Celtic, I would expect PSG owners want Champions League glory and have bowed out poorly in last few seasons and dont think they have the players to do it

Blanc won the league by something like 25 points but their poor exit to City would call him a failure for me

I agree with @Zatman regarding Emery.  On the basis that they will sleepwalk to the Ligue 1 title anyway, Emery's remit over the course of his time at PSG will be to deliver the CL.  Anything else will probably be regarded as a failure.

Â