The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is there a lack of Spanish strikers in la liga? What with Aduriz scoring last night.

Alcacer was meant be next striker but he has had a poor enough season with Valencia. the rest of squad regulars Llorente, Negredo, Soldado and Torres are past it. Its quite pootr that expect Iago Aspas be in squad next time if he not already in it

Aduriz has been fairly consistent over the years that he does deserve the chance to play for national team

Yeah Spain were well stock for last 8 years as you had David Villa and Torres in their prime and now both are out of contention you have Diego Costa who dosen't suit the slow passing build up and a bunch of La Liga strikers.

Aduriz is amazing but obviously not a long term option, Alcacer is a good goalscorer but watching Valencia a lot his hold up and link up play is nothing to write home about. Morata is good but dosen't start week in week out at Juve.

When you look at it England have better striking options available than Spain although obviously the midfield options don't hold a candle to Spain's. 

Both are still miles better than what Italy has....Eder??!:rolleyes:

On another note I think what you have to remember at Real Madrid is everyone pretty much has to bow down to the feet of Ronaldo and play supporting cast to him.

Take James Rodriguez. He was terrific for Colombia last night, not just his goal but his range of passing was superb at times....and yet you never see this really for Madrid as he's just another very good player in a team that must indulge Ronaldo at all costs.

So that's something Bale has to contend with....they can only play with one Ball, Ronaldo wants it 90% of the time so yeah I would say his goal record is pretty good going.

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

On another note I think what you have to remember at Real Madrid is everyone pretty much has to bow down to the feet of Ronaldo and play supporting cast to him.

Take James Rodriguez. He was terrific for Colombia last night, not just his goal but his range of passing was superb at times....and yet you never see this really for Madrid as he's just another very good player in a team that must indulge Ronaldo at all costs.

So that's something Bale has to contend with....they can only play with one Ball, Ronaldo wants it 90% of the time so yeah I would say his goal record is pretty good going.

I think this is a load of anti-Ronaldo rubbish tbh. Yes he demands a lot of the ball, as is his personality, and gets it a lot - as he's so effective with it - but you are massively overstating the negative  affect. And in the anecdotal Rodriguez example, I'd say the fact he was playing against Boliva had more of an impact on him having a good game than the lack of Ronaldo. 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2016 at 23:56, PaulC said:

To be fair to Bale he was excellent in his first season there. Why does James struggle then? is it partly because of being a small fish in a big pond. For his country he's the star!

its because they dont have a role or position for him in their set up, they should never have signed him, whenever ive seen him for them he's been in a midfield 3, replacing isco most the time, he's shoe horned in, its not his natural game

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"There can be difficult moments, but you must be relaxed when that happens. You should not go crazy, as anything can happen in football. I never lost my head as a player, and will never do so as a coach.

classic quote from Zidane, must have forgot his playing career

"There can be difficult moments, but you must be relaxed when that happens. You should not go crazy, as anything can happen in football. I never lost my head as a player, and will never do so as a coach.

classic quote from Zidane, must have forgot his playing career

Haha brilliant. He seems to have forgotten losing a WC final for losing and using his head.

• Like 1

Fernando Torres is tearing it up at the moment.  He's scored in each of his past five games.  A late run of form could see him called up to the Spain squad for Euro 2016 I guess. 

Atletico was a very good move for him, back amongst friends it's fair to say. Thought he'd only be a squad player there so surprised me he's outshining other big money buys.

Alacaer has been better for Valencia in recent weeks, scored a hat trick last night so him, Costa, aduriz will be certs to go. Not sure on the others, did Torres actually retire from Spain duty or did he just stop getting called up with his poor club form over recent times?

Watching the Sevilla derby atm (Been a Betis fan for ages) 

The most passionate game in Spain, almost always epic.

Sevilla - Real Betis, Reyes vs Joaquin, it's like the good ol' days :)

As much as I enjoy watching Charly Musonda Jr at Betis I'd really love to have him at Villa. So silky with the ball.

Get him on loan from Chelsea next season if possible, but he want's to remain at Betis as far as I've read.

im surprised Joaquin is still playing, he was never what you would call fit back in his prime. Im sure Mourinho wouldnt take him to Chelsea as he was fond of nightclubs, smashing winger though

Â