The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Cherseyev's been a really good pick up for Valencia.....pretty much the main reason for their upturn in form as he's scored some crucial goals in the last month. Good player who got lost in the system at Real Madrid. Wonder if they'll be some premier league interest in him in the summer?

Griezmann just scored his 16th of the season aswell.

2 goals in an Atletico Madrid match already!

I thought Vietto looked lively but has zero confidence in front of goal. cheryshev was good at Villareal too last season. its a bit predictable now La Liga. Barcelona are too far ahead for anybody to catch. The Madrid clubs will fight it out for 2nd. The only question is whether Villarea can hold on to 4th spot, but the lack of a decent striker this season may cost them ultimately.

Yeah he was unlucky with that shot in the second half, in fairness a very good save from Alves tipping it onto the bar.

Atletico are just a machine though, looked a bit shaky without Godin but 12 goals conceded in I think 29 games and 4 came against Barca so just 8 in 27 games. Insane stuff.

Yes without doubt they have the best defence in La liga but unlike Barcelona they defend in numbers. Wonder if Simeone would change his tactics if he had  forwards like Barcelona and Real.   Whats happened to Jackson Martinez?

• 2 weeks later...

Neville go now booming around the Mestella, white hankies out now. Their fans have had enough so amazed if he makes it to next weekend.

Can't blame them, Valencia been shambolic yet again, had a good 10 minutes in second half and that is it. 

Only 34 points aswell....still got to play Barca and Real Madrid away and Villareal and Sevilla in the run in, long way from being safe imo.

In other news....Villareal 2-2 Barca was a great game. Would comment more on it.....but turned off at 2-0 Barca! :blush:

probably actually decent comparison what happened with Garde here, 2 respected pundits in home country who went into big clubs in a league and country that wouldnt be as natural to them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Shows how few British strikers have actually played in La Liga. 43 goals is hardly a ground-breaking amount of goals

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought 'big deal'. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

43 in 76

Exactly the point.

It took lineker over 100 games, which was more the point being made by the media this week, not merely the total.

Â