The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

4-3 this is amazing

And for reasons best known to the referee and no doubt other vested interests, Barca got 5 minutes of injury time in order to try and get an equaliser, which they didn't get.  Haha.

Think La Liga title race will be much more interesting than prem this season, big three already dropped points to bottom half teams which apparently never happens if you listen to the experts.

Would love to see Villareal or Sevilla win it.

• Like 1

Yep it's definitely not the cake-walk that it usually is.  Barça show time and again that without Messi they really struggle to win consistently.  You'd think that would be obvious given his quality, but the line trotted out is that the rest of them are plenty good enough to do the job without him.  Yet they aren't.  Maybe it's the adjusted system that they struggle with, rather than a lack of quality.  But either way, as Celta demonstrated the other day, they're there for the taking.  As for Real.  Their 'we'll score more than you' approach will always come a cropper sooner or later.  It's the metronomic Atlético I'd be keeping a close eye on now.  They don't do boom or bust.  They're good all over the park and if the others aren't careful, Atléti could actually romp away with it.

problem for Atletico is that they can struggle to break down lesser teams, Leganes and Alaves have already held them for draws this season and just squeezed past Depor and PSV in recent weeks

I just think Barcelona and Real Madrid are not as strong this season. Atletico dont concede many goals thats where they will win the league. Griezmann is probably as good as any player in that league now. 

It's been interesting for sure. Prefer it to them Prem anyway as I believe having dominant teams makes it even more special when they get beat. 

Despite the international break and all the turmoil that brings, I can't see Barca or Atletico slipping up in their home fixtures this week.

Real have a potentially tricky away match though to Betis, without Ramos.

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Yeah. Good luck with that. 

Yeah probably. :lol:

Looking very good at home though...3-0 up after 40 mins against Celta who beat Barca recently.

Love the strikers they've got...Pato finally looking good again, Sansonne settled in well and Bakambu who is a major talent just scored. Soldado looking pretty obsolete in their squad now.

If they did it would be as big an achievement as what Leicester did last season. They still play with that fluid passing with Bruno being the integral part. Top 6 for me, maybe top 4 again.  Atletico to win It

Soldado is out for  the season

Edited by PaulC

I'm off to the Camp Nou in early 2017. Managed to get tickets in the third tier of the South stand (lower section of third tier). Will I still be able to see the players from that height? Looks quite far back but also looks like it provides a great view of the stadium overall and the price was right. I just hope the view of the match itself is decent...

On 20.10.2016 at 10:15, briggaman said:

I'm off to the Camp Nou in early 2017. Managed to get tickets in the third tier of the South stand (lower section of third tier). Will I still be able to see the players from that height? Looks quite far back but also looks like it provides a great view of the stadium overall and the price was right. I just hope the view of the match itself is decent...

I had similar worries, but I was pleasantly surprised. Great view. 

• Like 1

Yeah Quique is a guy I like but would have been dreadful appointment for us. bit worried that he keeps taking Jurado with him to clubs even though his performances was alleged why he was sacked at Watford as he was only player that wasnt picked by club sporting director

3 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Barca win away at Valencia last minute penalty, was a corker of a game apparently. I really wish they would **** off putting these big matches at 3pm on a Saturday !:angry:

Well classic tonight between Granada and Sporting Gijon!

4 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Barca win away at Valencia last minute penalty, was a corker of a game apparently. I really wish they would **** off putting these big matches at 3pm on a Saturday !:angry:

A lot used to be played on Sunday afternoons with the big games on Saturday and Sunday evening...now they've staggered them even more than the prem....every game kicks off after one another so no traditional time anymore.

Â